Classic E. Progress Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic E. Progress Thread.

Hey, everybody. My car is a 2000 Volkswagen VR6. I have been poking around here for some time now, and figured I should started a thread to record the progress on my car.To start from the beginning. I picked up the car when I was 16, and worked like crazy to pay it off. I payed it off before I turned 18. Im 19 now. On to the good stuff. First thing I did was drop hid's into my stock housings which is the only stupid thing I have done to my car, IMO. Next was tint and exhaust with some roof racks for snowboarding. Also got an air intake and an Audi TT Short Shifter with a Euro Headlight switch. Then this summer, I decided I needed to lower it, so I bought some used K-sports off Das Dubbers and threw those in. My stock wheels looks bland so I figured I needed some wheels. Went to Concept 1 and picked up a set of Miro 111's. Spaced them out and drove it. This is where I should have stopped. Maybe should have bought nicer coils but I didn't.... I wanted more low in the summer and it some what practical in the winter, so I broke down and ordered bags from ECS Tuning. This week I have been working on putting them in and getting everything laid out the way I like. If this is anything like Vortex threads are useless without pictures. So here are some progress ones.

How it looked before the chaos, now that I look I joey modded the headlamps.

Here it with roof racks, 4 guys and all the gear not to bad for a small car.

Here is the stance, pre-air ride. Wheels on but I didn't like how
    high the front sat.

Here is one of it shined up, the front bumper on it is in rough shape from the previous owner, don't worry I have plans for those this winter.

Here is the tank set up in the rear, just manual management for the time being. Also where the gauges and paddles are located, I will make something cleaner this week. Tomorrow the bags go in, out comes the sway bar, and I'm thinking ill need a frame notch in the near future.... Sorry for the massive pictures! I tried to resize them.
    Eric
    2000 Volkswagen Jetta VR6 - Bagged
    1990 BMW 325IX- Daily

Re: Classic E. Progress Thread.

Looks like a good start. The next thing I would go with is installing a good skidplate, it will save yourself a lot of heartache in the future. I would then take those HID bulbs out of your stock housing before someone take a baseball bat to them after you blind them driving down the road, honestly it is dangerous and many people around here (my self included) hate it when people do it.
    PS there is a projector style of headlights in the for sale section
    Last edited by Stonewall; 08-06-2011, 12:07 AM.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Nice car! Love the wheels, and the KDW's make them extra juicy.

+1 for getting rid of HID's in stock housings.

Keep us updated!

Comment

Ditto, HID's in stock housings baaaad. Ride looks great apart from that
        --
        Rod
        Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
        2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Lookin good!

With air ride, F%#K skid plates, I drag subframe all night and the oil pan doesn't have a mark. If you're going to do anything, find a used steel oil pan and reinforce it......

If you don't believe me Brent, come out a meet for once, i'll drag some subframe. Or just ask DJ.....
          Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
          2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Looks good.

Take the HIDS out of the housing. You know it's stupid, and so do we.
            Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Looks like a trip to get rid of the hid's are in order for tomorrow also. Dragging subframe is what my goal would be.
              Eric
              1990 BMW 325IX- Daily

Comment

Frame notch and you are golden, because of the vr6 though, you will need motor mount spacers (euroimagetuning) or a shallow pan. Not sure if there is a shallow pan on the market for a vr6 though....
                Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Ya I was looking into the spacers, I also think I may need to roll my fenders but I will be able to tell better tomorrow.
                  Eric
                  1990 BMW 325IX- Daily

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                    If you don't believe me Brent, come out a meet for once, i'll drag some subframe. Or just ask DJ.....
                    Wish I could, wife works every thursday...
                    I still think better safe then sorry but you guys are welcome to do as you please, it was just my suggestion.
                    Name: Brent
                    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Lookin good!

With air ride, F%#K skid plates, I drag subframe all night and the oil pan doesn't have a mark. If you're going to do anything, find a used steel oil pan and reinforce it......

How do you get that low without crazy axle binding? Motor mount Spacers?

I can't even go straight at 23" ftg without crazy binding.

OP car looks good, seen it on the 'tex a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by vwpride View Post
                        How do you get that low without crazy axle binding? Motor mount Spacers?

I can't even go straight at 23" ftg without crazy binding.

OP car looks good, seen it on the 'tex a few times.
                        Another good point, the 6 speed transmissions found in the 337/20th aniv/GLI don't bind as bad as the other 5 speed transmissions do.
                        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Another good point, the 6 speed transmissions found in the 337/20th aniv/GLI don't bind as bad as the other 5 speed transmissions do.
                          Good to know.

Comment

Hmm didn't know that. So the install went good, took me almost the whole day. It sits low now. It NEED a fender roll, and a frame notch will make it sit just right. Also my k-sport rear struts were to small to run with the bag, so I had to put my stock ones back in for the time being. With the bump stops in it still sits on the tire aired out in the rear. Ill post pictures up after I clean it.
                            Eric
                            1990 BMW 325IX- Daily

Comment

So I cleaned it up a bit today, just a quick rinse to get some major dirt of, ill give it a proper wax later in the week. Here are some photos.

Last edited by Classic E; 08-07-2011, 12:37 PM.
                              Eric
                              1990 BMW 325IX- Daily

Comment

Working...
                              X