What's covered under VW Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's covered under VW Warranty

My sister has a 2008 GTI with 50,000 km's.
    Both Key Fobs are cooked and need to be replaced.
    The AC blows warm air and needs to be recharged.

They say neither item is covered under warranty, What does the warranty cover?

Re: What's covered under VW Warranty

http://www.vw.ca/en/owners/about_you...arranties.html

Basic limited warranty

4-year/80,000 km (whichever occurs first) new vehicle warranty. Wear & tear items and adjustments excluded after initial 12 months/20,000 km (whichever occurs first).

Comment

A/c I can understand them not covering that, but for the sheer sake of customer relations and the cost to recharge it, just do it.

Contact VW Canada and ask about it, seems like lots of dealerships are very poor when it comes to doing warranty work.

(Except 5th Ave Auto Haus - Always been treated great there, brought car in for a scan, they replaced my coil pack and my catalytic converter under warranty on my old 2.Slow)

Northland Volkswagen is a nightmare to deal with, my buddy took his VR6 Jetta in, they did $1,500 in diagnostics, replaced a bunch of parts, cleared the code and gave it back, the engine light came back on before he even got home, took it back in they told him it would be another $1,500 to fix the problem they already "fixed"

We need to find documentation as to what VW Warranty covers, especially the clauses for the rust warranty, cause yes the warranty is there, the dealers just always seem to manage to weasel their way out of it.
      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Asked a buddy of mine if he can track down the info about rust warranty/other warranties.

Just called 5th Ave for a new coolant overflow. $40 + change, have to order it. South Center has it in stock $48 + Change.

Dear South Center - Just because you sell Porsche doesn't mean you can rape VW owners.
        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I got one for you guys... GF's 2008 City Jetta. Still has warranty left on it.

When you go 110km/hr or higher there is an insane rattle coming from the p.side of the dash (kind of from behind the airbag). It's booked in next week at the dealership, but is it even worth it? If it's not going to be covered under warranty I've got a great local mechanic to tackle it.
          Chris

Comment

All warranty info regarding what is covered and the terms are in the owners manual under section 1.2.

N'Syncro - Whats in her glove box?
            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
              A/c I can understand them not covering that
              I sort of of disagree. If something leaks that shouldn't it should be warranty. If it was oil, it would be covered. (I've certainly had enough gaskets changed under warranty to back that up!)
              Stefan
              -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
              -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
              -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                I sort of of disagree. If something leaks that shouldn't it should be warranty. If it was oil, it would be covered. (I've certainly had enough gaskets changed under warranty to back that up!)
                I meant that if they look at it and see its a manufacturer leak somewhere in the system, warranty. very easy to have had an ice chunk or something clip the bottom and make a small leak, no warranty. Needs examination.
                Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

N'Syncro - Whats in her glove box?
                  It's not from the glove box. We took everything out to check. It sounds like it's coming from above and behind the glove box.
                  Chris

Comment

I meant that if they look at it and see its a manufacturer leak somewhere in the system, warranty. very easy to have had an ice chunk or something clip the bottom and make a small leak, no warranty. Needs examination.
                    ah yeah, i gottcha
                    Stefan
                    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by N'Syncro View Post
                      It's not from the glove box. We took everything out to check. It sounds like it's coming from above and behind the glove box.
                      Loose cabin filter housing?
                      Name: Brent
                      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

they still make cars with a/c that needs recharging??
                        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I have seen lots of time though lots of the dealerships will just say no to even sending to a body shop for their decision.....
                          Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                          2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by N'Syncro View Post
                            Do you have those plastic parking passes hanging off your rear view mirror?The noise will sound like something loose in the dash try that just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by TDI DUB View Post
                              My sister has a 2008 GTI with 50,000 km's.
                              Both Key Fobs are cooked and need to be replaced.
                              The AC blows warm air and needs to be recharged.

They say neither item is covered under warranty, What does the warranty cover?
                              Your A/C is covered for 4 years from delivery date or 80,000 kms.
                              The same goes for key fobs unless due to wear and tear or dropping in water etc.It's up to the dealership to prove it's not a manufactures defect.

As for A/C being a seasonal item so is your heatercore and antifreeze.
                              If your in the time frame they have to prove the system is faulty due to outside influence.

Comment

Working...
                              X