new beetle body wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new beetle body wanted

Hey folks I am new to this forum so a big hello from Red Deer. I have this green 2000 beetle, 2.slow 5 speed that was involved in a frontal whoops. the frame is bent but I have a great power train with only 120 k and other parts. I am looking for a good body to do a swap. any Ideas. The princess really likes the lime green but I think a running bug is better that a dead one.

Re: new beetle body wanted

Could try calling TuneDub, for a while they had a little parts graveyard, not sure if they have a beetle but you never know.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

thanks Kor too late in the day I will try them later. I have found one that looks in good shape but it has a auto tranny and I am not so clear on how to swap to a 5sp. I was looking for a thread here but no luck so far.

Comment

if you want to supercharge it, let me know....

Comment

Originally posted by Gamman View Post
          if you want to supercharge it, let me know....
          supercharged vr6 widebody beetle??

Comment

I had a 99 NB tdi that I bought for the turbo. It took a bit of a whack on the front right, and then spun around and took a whack on the back corner. I bought it in that state from an insurance auction.

I took the turbo off, and set whats left aside for future use. I have the 98 NB tdi and 03 Jetta tdi, so the future demand for parts was pretty strong.

A guy I know told me about a guy he knew that was looking for and ALH tdi engine to fix up a timing belt crash. Against my better judgement, I sold him the whole car. Now, I find I need a clutch and a starter and such, and wish I had the parts-car. Lesson: never sell the parts car...

The guy I sold it to is a good guy, though, and is about 2 hours north-east from Red Deer.

The car is a 5spd tdi, so I'm not sure what the process for swapping in a 2-slow gasser would be. And, it was a writeoff, so you would probably need to wink-wink-nudge-nudge swap all the parts over to your car whose vin is not registered as a writeoff. A recertification from writeoff is ugly.

Look for http://www.altechmechanical.net/

Jiggs

Comment

Someone in Calgary is selling a 'inoperable' 2000 Beetle (silver, sorry, no green for the Mrs.) for 700/negotiable: http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ319550443
              2012 Golf R
              Past: '08 GTI, '07 City Golf, '89 Golf

Comment

Working...
              X