Diesel Passat B5.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Passat B5.5

Sisters Passat has a 4second delay between pressing the gas and the car actually going anywhere. The only things i have found seem to point towards a brake light switch issue. Anybody familure with this issue or have any other ides.

TIA
    Roger
    2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
    2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
    2001 Audi A4 - RIP
    2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
    2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
    2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
    1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
    2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Re: Diesel Passat B5.5

My diesel was the same. Sprint booster and unitronics help a lot. It has to do with the diesel and turbo spooling enough to go.
    Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Throttle response sucks on this car. Mine is pretty much the same. As said above, chip helps a bit, but doesn't make it go away. It's pretty much just how the car is. Apparently re-setting the adaptive learning of the transmission helps a bit. My dad's 2006 Jetta tdi with the auto transmission is very simmilar. Throttle response seems fine on the highway, but from standstill or slow roll, it's awful. If you want to get in to a small break in traffic you practically have to do a brake stand and get your rpms up....

If you find a solution, let us know, but I think you'll find it is the nature of the beast. :(

**also, fyi, my car had head, egr, tandem pump, in-tank lift pump, injectors, fuel lines, fuel/air filters all replaced and none of that changed the way it drove.
      I never considered that the brake switch could have something to do with it.
      Last edited by stefan; 08-29-2011, 02:57 PM.
      Stefan
      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

My auto 1.8t b5.5 has the same issue. From a stop its horrible. I think all the autos have this issue

Comment

yes.. brake throttle lag.. allroad has it too. drives me F'in nuts.. sport mode is much better tho

Comment

You can put the passat in sport mode with vag com.
            Stefan
            -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Wow...my Jetta TDI has great throttle response...wonder why the diesel used in the Passat doesn't. Maybe it is just an automatic tranny issue (mine is a manual)
              2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                Wow...my Jetta TDI has great throttle response...wonder why the diesel used in the Passat doesn't. Maybe it is just an automatic tranny issue (mine is a manual)
                defiantly an auto issue.
                Stefan
                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Drove our newly purchased MKV TDI (DSG) for the first time today. Lags HARD off the line, totally a WTF situation IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by nismodrifter View Post
                    Drove our newly purchased MKV TDI (DSG) for the first time today. Lags HARD off the line, totally a WTF situation IMO.
                    I noticed that on the Freedrive event VW did...
                    Stefan
                    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Mine has delay aswell. once you are moving its great. cant do much about it.

Comment

Small vw diesels should only be paired with standards. Unfortunately, not an option in the Passat. Should to a group import on b5.5 manual transmissions...
                        Stefan
                        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I wonder how much it would be to import one. I'm sort of in the market for a larger vehicle. Our last trip to BC was a bit overloaded.

Comment

Working...
                          X