Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowered b5 causes cv boots to pop off???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowered b5 causes cv boots to pop off???

Hey fairly new to the forum. Quick question, I have a b5 passat wagon that's lowered, I've replaced both ds and ps drive axles, it seems my outer boots are ripping and the inners are popping off on the transmission side. Anyone experience anything similiar to this and anything I can do? Getting tired of replacing axles! Thanks for any in site!

Re: Lowered b5 causes cv boots to pop off???

Check your mounts,make sure the driveshafts you installed are the correct length and if you bought Empi shafts replace boots with neoprene or get a better suspension package.

Comment

If you lower your car a lot then the boots will tend to rip/tear/pop off easier. Its a tough life but you gotta suck it up.

Comment

my b5 passat wagon was lowered for five years with no issues. I had to replace the passenger side axle only because we had put a cheap empi one in.....if you use the good axles you shouldn't rip boots.
        Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Originally posted by VWSM View Post
          Check your mounts,make sure the driveshafts you installed are the correct length and if you bought Empi shafts replace boots with neoprene or get a better suspension package.
          They aren't Empi driveshafts. I will take a look at my mounts and subframe. I won't be changing the suspension, its a custom air ride setup. Thank you!

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
          If you lower your car a lot then the boots will tend to rip/tear/pop off easier. Its a tough life but you gotta suck it up.
          I've had many lowered cars this is the first time axles have been an issue. I guess I'll just listen to you and suck it up and replace the boots every couple weeks

Comment

Working...
          X