Mk4 fault codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mk4 fault codes

Well I probably should post a little story as to what happened and why I needed help.

As you all know I'm looking to buy a GLI and one came up for sale for $8900. I jumped at the chance to see it because even if it had some minor issues such as body panels it would be worth getting and fixing it up the way I wanted. Pat and tracy came out with me and my gf to look at the car and it was in ok shape, front lip was fiberglass, had a chunk missing, grey primer in between the doors, smelled a bit like coolant after we drove it for a bit and it has the most annoying BOV ever. It also had the airbag light on so I wanted to scan it to see what was up (posted above)

So anyways I was still interested but needed to get it checked out by VW. After consulting with the ross-tech technical support they told me to check my charging system wires and replace my coolant temp sensor and ignition switch. No big deal I thought because I have an alternator already, upgraded wiring and a switch from my old car. Then came the inspection. Damn the cam tensioner seal was done for and leaking, waterpump leaking (explains the coolant and oil burning smells) and lots more was wrong too.

So basically it wouldn't be worth my time and effort to fix it up. And I would highly highly not recommend buying it. After talking to the owner about all of the problems and the fact it would take so much to fix he would only lower the price down to $7900 which is retarded because the guy at VW said that it should just be thrown out rather than fixing it and driving.

So long story short if you see a BMP GLI for sale and are interested in it, PM me and ask if its the same one. You won't want to buy it

Comment

I wonder if that was my old coworkers GLI, not likely though as it never threw that many codes lol
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Wow, maybe worth $5000 plus your own time and effort to repair. But no where near his asking price.

Comment

Working...
        X