Volkswagen Buggy Up! Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen Buggy Up! Concept

In a surprise move, Volkswagen has unveiled the Buggy Up! concept at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

Inspired by the Meyers Manx, the retro roadster has a doorless design and seating for two. Compared to the standard model, the Buggy is slightly longer and wider but significantly lower thanks to a 20mm reduced ride height. There's also a new hood, unique headlights, a rear luggage rack and 18-inch alloy wheels.

In a nod to practicality, the interior is completely waterproof and features a removable iPod/iPhone speaker dock for easy portability.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Volkswagen Buggy Up! Concept

Damn thats sweet!!! I wonder what motor options they'll offer!
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

cool!

Comment

I like the idea of the removable Ipod dock.

Comment

That's sweet, total weekender.

Comment

Waste of R&D talent and money... they could have built a concept that they'd actually sell someday... :/
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Well as it is a Buggy Up!, I would say it is just a modified version of the Up! platform so small engine and just a body re-work.
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
              X