mother of god

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mother of god

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...urbo-7500miles!!!!
    Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Re: mother of god

I remember following this build a couple of years ago. Crazy frenchies I tell you.

Comment

I don't beleive his hp numbers at that boost and compression ratio. Doesn't add up. That turbo runs out of steam at ~700 flywheel hp in almost every other application. No doubt the car is fast, and it looks built well. I'm impressed with everything except the exagerated HP numbers. Damn frenchies
      D.J.
      Turbo SVT Focus
      Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

It drives me insane when ppl spend that kind of money on a build (or even a 1/10th of that kind of money) and they don't post dyno graphs, or even 1/4mile times.
        Chris

Comment

Is it just me or does the widebody conversion look aweful?

Pat

His
          1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
          1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
          1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
          2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
          Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Originally posted by onceover View Post
            Is it just me or does the widebody conversion look aweful?
            I missed the memo. He certainly widened it properly, with minimal bondo.

What looks bad? Disproportionate?
            Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by N'Syncro View Post
              It drives me insane when ppl spend that kind of money on a build (or even a 1/10th of that kind of money) and they don't post dyno graphs, or even 1/4mile times.
              It drives me crazy when people drop that kind of money I to a car in general. It's still an r32. You could go out and buy your dream car and still have money to service it for the time you drive it.

Comment

Originally posted by CGDoig View Post
                It drives me crazy when people drop that kind of money I to a car in general. It's still an r32. You could go out and buy your dream car and still have money to service it for the time you drive it.
                And if his dream was to mod an R32?

Comment

I love seeing people driving their "Dream cars", then taking them to the track, getting raped by a VW and realizing that their "dream car" just let them down. All they have left is the name on the badge.....

Props to building one hell of an R32. I remember his build thread from a few years back too!
                  Patryk
                  Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                  08 VW .:R32
                  04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by Euro Dub PL View Post
                    I love seeing people driving their "Dream cars", then taking them to the track, getting raped by a VW and realizing that their "dream car" just let them down. All they have left is the name on the badge.....

Props to building one hell of an R32. I remember his build thread from a few years back too!
                    Driving a VW won't get u laid

HAHA okay kidding. but really though... Driving a mod'd cheap car doesnt' compare against getting into a very beautiful 200k car. I was all about spending a lot of money to mod cheaper cars when I did my SVTF and XR4Ti. They were great cars and turn a lot of heads. But the drivability isn't even on the same scale as the S4. And the S4 isn't even an expensive car! It was a bit pricey in it's day, but no where near what a 200k car would feel like.

The hardest part about owning an S4 is maintenance NEVER stops lol. EVerytime you get gas you need to replace something .. That's not because the cars are crappy. It's because the cars are old and have been driven LOTS. I'm at 248,000 KM!!!! Geezus I drove 9,000 KM in California in June alone! Not counting all of the trips to here and BC, etc. And the car still rides better than any VW.

Tyler had never been in my car before one day. My tune is real clean. I spent an entire summer after getting that car on the tune. Tyler got in and was uberly impressed at the drive. Audi > VW but LOTS is > than audi .... A new RS4 would be 100 times even better and that's hard to imagine.

I'd rather be RAPED by a VW than drive a VW
                    D.J.
                    Turbo SVT Focus
                    Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

$200,000 in mods alone? For real?

Comment

People mod cars because they want to. I do not believe one make of car is better than the next, they all serve a purpose as intended by their original design, and as we mod them we personally seek to change their characteristics. The limits of such mods are open to/set by the person doing the work.

Yes a 200k car is wonderfully engineered to serve it's purpose, however I don't know what would be more fun. Buying an expensive car or building one.

Either way I'll never know unless I win the lottery
                        GT3071R and more...

Comment

Originally posted by aliencurv View Post
                          Driving a VW won't get u laid

HAHA okay kidding. but really though... Driving a mod'd cheap car doesnt' compare against getting into a very beautiful 200k car. I was all about spending a lot of money to mod cheaper cars when I did my SVTF and XR4Ti. They were great cars and turn a lot of heads. But the drivability isn't even on the same scale as the S4. And the S4 isn't even an expensive car! It was a bit pricey in it's day, but no where near what a 200k car would feel like.

The hardest part about owning an S4 is maintenance NEVER stops lol. EVerytime you get gas you need to replace something .. That's not because the cars are crappy. It's because the cars are old and have been driven LOTS. I'm at 248,000 KM!!!! Geezus I drove 9,000 KM in California in June alone! Not counting all of the trips to here and BC, etc. And the car still rides better than any VW.

Tyler had never been in my car before one day. My tune is real clean. I spent an entire summer after getting that car on the tune. Tyler got in and was uberly impressed at the drive. Audi > VW but LOTS is > than audi .... A new RS4 would be 100 times even better and that's hard to imagine.

I'd rather be RAPED by a VW than drive a VW
                          I'll agree with this, however I was merely trying to state that dream cars come in different form (kind of emphasizing what nismodrifter said). One persons dream may be a ferrari that handles smoothly, is fast, and looks incredible and another persons dream may be a VW or an Audi that pushes nearly 600whp, keeps up with the Ferrari's and is an ultimate sleeper.

Problem is those with more money than brains, who buy a 500hp sports car and drive 10 under the speed limit at all times because they heard drivability is just so amazing.
                          Patryk
                          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                          08 VW .:R32
                          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

You also have to include the idea that building a dream car is a lot different than buying one or paying someone to build you one, and that might be very important to some people.
                            Blair
                            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                              You also have to include the idea that building a dream car is a lot different than buying one or paying someone to build you one, and that might be very important to some people.
                              I agree with Blair. If your dream is to own mister bean's car and invest $200k you should do it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	511583
                              Last edited by longsock; 09-20-2011, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X