Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspection

Hey everyone,

Just need a little bit of help, went and looked at a GLI this week and the only downside is that it has a rebuilt title, it came into Canada as a salvage from LA and was fixed up and rebuilt and passed inspection in Alberta.

Is there any shop (tunedub is booked until oct11) that would be able to do a full body check and make sure that the car got fixed up properly. I don't know what type of collision it was in or any information about it.

Sean

Re: Inspection

Any good auto body shop will look it over for a price and you can get them to do a frame check and everything.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Hey Sean, try Lithium autosport. Ken, owner and mechanic, used to be in the auto body business. Few days ago, I brought a rebuilt status 2010 ford focus to him (for my gf) for an inspection. He quickly pointed out to me the welding spots...anyways that was a no buy because it was poorly repaired.

Yea, try them out! 403-457-2262

Comment

A good general thing, take some photos of the car if you can, load them onto your computer, look at them generally any lack in paint match will almost instantly be seen.
        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Hey thanks for everyones help but again i end up getting screwed in my GLI search. After putting in an offer, making a deal and him agreeing not to show the car again, i was an hour from dropping off the deposit and he texts me saying that it is sold. Gah!!

Comment

**** it man. If there's anything the quick jumper has learned is there's always a sweeter deal around the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
              Hey thanks for everyones help but again i end up getting screwed in my GLI search. After putting in an offer, making a deal and him agreeing not to show the car again, i was an hour from dropping off the deposit and he texts me saying that it is sold. Gah!!
              Too bad verbal contracts are so hard to prove, next time get it in writing
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Oh but it wasn't verbal
                I was at work and we were texting about it so I have it all saved on my phone. Don't think it will help but it proves for sure that he is a dick. He is on one of these forums too but not going to name names

Comment

Its a tough life man, you gotta suck it up.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowl View Post
                    Its a tough life man, you gotta suck it up.
                    I think Seans handled this BS pretty well, considering he hasn't revealed who the d-bag is!
                    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

The guys probably not a "d-bag", just wanted that car out of his posession, and took money from the first person who waived it in his face. Makes sense especially with how flakey people are when buying/selling in Calgary.

Comment

Yeah what's done is done, just gotta keep looking for a platinum grey GLI.

Again thanks guys for all the suggestions of the shops and what to look for on a rebuilt title! Hopefully someone finds this usedful someday

On to the next GLI.....oh wait there is no more in calgary lol

Comment

Your probably better off in the long run anyways man, rebuilt from down south doesn't sound too appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowl View Post
                            The guys probably not a "d-bag", just wanted that car out of his posession, and took money from the first person who waived it in his face. Makes sense especially with how flakey people are when buying/selling in Calgary.
                            Well...my point is...that when you deal with people on these types of forums, you would expect some INTEGRITY...I myself have been burned on a set of STELLAR cheap wheels in the past year...AND that shouldn't be the case when buying from fellow enthusiasts!!!
                            Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                            Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Damn, they just keep getting away from you. Probably for the best anyway, before you know it one that's minty fresh will come up for sale and you'll be thinking to yourself 'hmm, good thing I didn't buy that rebuilt one!'

I'll continue to keep an eye out for ya
                              '14 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (On Order)
                              '06 VW Jetta TDI (Daily)
                              '07 Ford F-150
                              '06 Mazda 3 (hers)

Comment

Working...
                              X