recommend me a shop..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommend me a shop..

can anyone recommend me a shop to install lowering springs on a 07 gti. not sure if i'm going to have time to do the job. also what is a reasonable price to pay.

Re: recommend me a shop..

Your garage

Honestly if it is just the springs it will take you like 4 hours. If its sttruts and springs then it will be around 6 hours. Very easy and straight forward to do, just a pain in the butt to get the struts out if they are rusted in

Comment

i know i might do them over the winter just seeing if there was a shop that is fairly cheap to do it. i would need to spend $50 to get the strut spreader tool and the special socket that i forget at this moment.

Comment

Talk to Jordan @ jerbelautowerks. Goes by "The Jerbel" here on the forums.
        --
        Rod
        Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
        2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
          i know i might do them over the winter just seeing if there was a shop that is fairly cheap to do it. i would need to spend $50 to get the strut spreader tool and the special socket that i forget at this moment.
          assuming it's the same as mk4 tools, I have spreader and socket if needed.
          Stefan
          -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
          -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Do you want to do the work yourself or have someone do it? If you are interested I will do it with you (mainly showing you how to do it if that is what you want) at a shop for minimal cost. If you want me to do it, it will cost more.

If you want a turn key solution where you pay and don't lift a finger than go to C1, TuneDub, or the likes and pay them.
            GT3071R and more...

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
              I just used a drillbit and a quarter, bit of a pain to be honest but took maybe ten minutes longer. Spreader is probably worth it but if you don't want to spend the money it can be done.
              '14 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (On Order)
              '06 VW Jetta TDI (Daily)
              '07 Ford F-150
              '06 Mazda 3 (hers)

Comment

It's annoying to do springs. It's like mowing ur lawn .... looks good but no one wants to do it. bring it to a shop or pay jordan to do it. buy him a hooker or something. bj's go a long way
                D.J.
                Turbo SVT Focus
                Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                  maybe when i come up to your place to add the plug i'll borrow the tools. we can work something out i'm sure

Comment

Assuming the same as mk4 tools also I wouldn't recommend using that stupid spreader tool lol. It didn't open the spindle far enough for me so I needed to use a cold chisel and pound it in there a long ways.

Comment

3/8" to 1/4" socket adapter??? as a spreader tool, hammer in there, then rotate 45degrees to spread
                      put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

from what i've read on golfmkv.com some have used some havn't. also they say its easier with the axles out, anyone have experience with that. if so i need to run out and get some new bolts this week. they should be here this week with my new tires. sweet deal if anyone is looking for 235/35/19's on tire rack goodyear eagle f1 for $121 a tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Satnam View Post
                          3/8" to 1/4" socket adapter??? as a spreader tool, hammer in there, then rotate 45degrees to spread
                          this works well, i have done this as well as using a wide flat head screwdriver bit with a socket adapter. no need for special vw tools like 90% of the time

Comment

looks like i'm going to do it myself, not sure when but i'll post up pics when i'm done.

Comment

Working...
                            X