legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legit?

So I'm planning on buying a transmission for my gli privately, is there any way of getting it tested or something to ensure its legit and I don't get hosed. So far dealing with the dude has been pretty good as he's as worried as I am about making it a safe transaction. Any ideas? Much appreciated thanks.
    ah, dert...

Re: legit?

What kind of trans? 6spd or auto?
    GT3071R and more...

Comment

Originally posted by sabbySC View Post
      What kind of trans? 6spd or auto?
      6 sp with a LSD. I got pics of it. Just can't post now from my phone
      ah, dert...

Comment

In what regard do you want it to be safe? Paypal is a relatively safe method of doing a transaction and, you can make a verbal description of the condition of the goods/sale.

Mechanically speaking it is tough to say, you can turn things by hand and what not, but until it is in the car you never really know for sure.
        GT3071R and more...

Comment

unless you take it apart you are taking your chances, the only way to garuntee it is up to spec is to pull it apart before install otherwise once you buy it it is yours. unless the person will give warrenty but that is not likely. I bought a 02a from a guy in the states the supposedly had a diff in it, but when I pulled it apart to check condition all it was was a stock trans with worn syncros learned that lesson the hard way.
          Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

Working...
          X