Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Jetta 2.0T Turbo Help!

Hey Everyone

A friend of mine has a 2006 jetta 2.0T. it has around 65,000 km on it.

The car was parked for 2 months and on its first drive out since then, then engine light came on. She took it to northland VW and they called saying she needs a new turbo!? So i called them to get more details and was told the code that was thrown was a low boost pressure fault and a code po299. She has driven the car with this engine light on for a week and she says the car feels fine. (but maybe she just has not noticed?)

I really doubt this could be a turbo blown with this low of km. Anyone had this before and any other areas it could be? I read it might be a the DV or PCV but I am not sure about those either?

Any help would be great thanks!
    sigpic

Re: 2006 Jetta 2.0T Turbo Help!

I heard that the first year of the 2.0t engines had an issue with the PCV valve and 42DD has the catch can solution which seems to solve things. Other people have had issues with the DV's, especially if the car is chipped
    http://jettajunkie.com/vw-jetta/show...p0299&p=171110

Comment

And tell your friend to AVOID Northland at all costs...they are a typical $$$ grubbing stealership...not to mention the worst service in Calgary!
      Tell her to take it to George at TuneDub!
      Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
      Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by Geobmx4life View Post
        And tell your friend to AVOID Northland at all costs...they are a typical $$$ grubbing stealership...not to mention the worst service in Calgary!
        Tell her to take it to George at TuneDub!
        Or Chris at Calgary Auto Works.

The original DVs had a tendency to develop cracks in the diaphragm. I think there is an updated part or get an aftermarket one (ECS).
        2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

Thanks guys,

Oh trust me I know! I have gave her the tune dub lecture many times lol. Her car has been under warrantee up until a month ago so thats why she was use to taking it there.

I will pull off the DV this weekend and see if i can notice any damage to it. Best place to start I am guessing!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X