Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of wiggle room dealing with Dealerships on new Mk6 Jetta's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of wiggle room dealing with Dealerships on new Mk6 Jetta's?

So my good friend is looking at a demo version of a 2011 Jetta loaded comfortline.
    2.5L
    ~9000km

Dealer is trying to charge them nearly $27k all in. taxes, financing (good credit). The same car on vw.ca brand new is $29k.

How much are they getting hosed? I'm thinking $26k would be fair?
    Chris

Re: What kind of wiggle room dealing with Dealerships on new Mk6 Jetta's?

never buy demos... if you do it better be huge discount
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I think they said it was the managers or owners or someones at the dealership, but a comfortline? really?
      Chris

Comment

MSRP on the 2012 Jetta GLI is only $28K when I build it.... so close even with taxes, I would not buy a demo comfortline! Even if your friend has to put in 1K more now, resale will be way better on the 2012 GLI.

I'd be hard pressed to buy a Jetta though for the money... I think it's not the top of the class at that price anymore...? Despite favorable reviews.
        Last edited by Kor; 10-09-2011, 06:46 PM.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I agree on the GLI, but the OP is not talking about the GLI. Your friend should do a little research on the regular Jetta. Search and read the reviews. It came in last in Consumer Reports reviews in the US. And this is a switch, because Consumer Reports listed the 2008 Rabbit as its top choice back then. So you can see it has been severely dumbed down. Was listed in the "top 10 most disappointing cars of 2011" in Britain. Although neither had the 2.5 engine. (The GLI is a different beast.)

I think the Jetta will be positioned below the Golf as VW tries to steal Toyota customers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the MKVII Golf will still be a great car when it comes out and become the higher end engineered car in the lineup (retaining independent suspension, rear discs, quality interior, a hood that doesn't have a prop bar, and so on).

Comment

ANY DEMO should be alot cheaper than that...can you imagine how hard that car has been test drove...and as a side note, I bought a Golf TDI, that I found out after the fact, was an employee car for 30k...and have had over 6k warrantee work, and still have issues that I shouldn't!
            Tell your bud to either get free extended warrantee...or run far and run very very fast!!!
            Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
            Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Ive seen way to many salesman BAG demo cars, take them to lunch, the list goes on. I wouldn't touch a demo unless the discount was amazing. FYI it probably had a bad break in and was pushed to its limits the second it was unloaded off the truck

Comment

Thanks guys. They pulled they're deposit and are going to look for something else, or wait for a much better deal from the dealer.
                Chris

Comment

I agree on the GLI, but the OP is not talking about the GLI.

http://www.amovos.info/ma3.jpg
                  http://www.amovos.info/ma1.jpg
                  http://www.amovos.info/ma2.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X