Winter tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter tires

Looking to get some winter tires, how many of you guys run 18" and how's the traction
    Thanks for now

Re: Winter tires

great. The shittiest winter is still 100% better then the best all season. any size
    Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Have these on the Tiguan for summer (size 235/50/18) http://www.pirelli.com/tire/ca/en/su...lication%3DSUV

Just put these on yesterday for winter (size 215/65/16) http://www.conti-online.com/generato...ontact_en.html

When you add the 4motion traction is amazing.
      2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

had some 18" winters on my s4 last year and they were amazing, they were some falken high performance winters so still fun to drive on with the warm days we get in the winter. but in the snow and ice it was awesome
        sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
        His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
        Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
        Past:
        B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
        B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
        2004 .:R32 BMP
        2001.5 Noggy blue s4
        2000 VW GTI 1.8T
        1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

I ran 225-40-18 Blizzak LM60s on my GTI for nearly two winters with no issues at all. Nice to still look good in the winter and a performance winter is good for the chinook days too.
          Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 10-25-2011, 01:36 PM.
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

If I lived in santa's village and had deep snow all day long I might change my tune but realistically you still need to be able to enjoy your car during the majority of the time that the roads aren't snow covered. That being said the 235 18 blizzaks ha been great in the snow and ice.
            John
            1986 Meteor Grey Metallic Squashed VW Beetle
            2011 Mineral Grey Durango R/T AWD

Comment

I ran Pirelli Sottozero's 225/40/18 on my A4 and I have no complaints traction was amazing. There are probably better out there for deep snow and ice however these performed well in all conditions associated with winter. (ie no snow, wet, slush, snow and ice) There will always be compromises no matter the tire.
              2008 Montego Blue BMW 335xi, H&R Springs, ECU program Stage 1

Comment

My wife had LM60s on her Genesis last winter in 235/45/18 and they were great.
                Current: Golf R and a corporate lease nobody cares about

Comment

LM60's on my 18" aristos for the winter and they handle superbly!
                  Patryk
                  Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                  08 VW .:R32
                  04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Working...
                  X