Easy fix for Homelink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy fix for Homelink

After getting a quote for over 700$ to replace my sun visor with Homelink in my B5.5 Passat, I looked around for a cheap fix. I found a module on Ebay from an online auto wrecker. The module I used is either out of a 2000 Sebring, or 2001 Lincoln LS - the guy wasn't sure because he had several of them. I've plugged in the new module and it fired up. I'm not at home right now, but I'm fairly confident that if it has lit up, it will program.

My Visor:

My visor with module removed:

The homelink buttons removed - not a great pic, but shows the clips that you have try not to break.

Homelink buttons, my OEM module, me Ebay module

Shot of the back of the module where the power connects - again, just to show the clips.

Anyways, it was a quick swap. There is some gently clip prying to be done, but really no more than a flat screwdriver is needed. It's probably best to do it all when the car is warm as not to break any of the clips. Total cost was about 30$.

Cheers!
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Re: Easy fix for Homelink

Very good write up! You'll save people alot of money/time

Comment

Nice work!!!
      Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
      Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

I'm glad you've found a fix for that finally.

Comment

Got home and programmed this thing with no issues. Looks like it will work fine.
          Stefan
          -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
          -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

HmmI should buy one, make my own dash button for the mk4 and call it a day.
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Brent, I thought you were the one that had their garage door opener hooked into your high beams. Someone on the forums did that and just blinks his high beams at his garage door to open it. Should be easier to do and more stealthy.
              Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
              hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
              sigpic

Comment

Nope not me, would be a bad idea for me since I start to open my garage before I pull up since I live on a corner. I don't know if blinding anyone oncoming would be a good idea Either way not like I am even parking in the garage right now as the cabby is in there.
                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Seems like a good fix.

This guy has his all sorted out, he just taps the horn twice and it opens up. Pretty slick.

Comment

Originally posted by bonfire View Post
                    he just taps the horn twice and it opens up. Pretty slick.
                    Not so good in the middle of the night
                    Edit Ok watched the video with no sound and I still got the point lmao. Now I should say it doesn't work for a week once a month.
                    Last edited by Stonewall; 11-28-2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X