Future GOLF R diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future GOLF R diesel

That would be me too. I'd like to be able to import a similar year to my car. But an a6 avant TDI is what I "need". Family wise it would be IDEAL. I'd say two years and I'd be good to go. Of everyone would be serious I think we could score a good deal. We could almost even send someone over to oversee the deals lol.

Comment

I always wanted to import a rallye golf, so I would be intrested if this happens. I would want to thro in a 2.5 tdi in the car before it ships over
      Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

The only thing I don't like about the A4's or A6's with the tdi's is the cost in parts and that most my extra parts won't work.
        2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
        Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

^^ I guess TDI engine specific things would be expensive yes. RyanP on TDI club I'm sure could source hard to find or pricey parts for quite a bit less. Everything else platform wise should be the same no?

Comment

i heard those 2.5 tdi's weren't as solid as the 1.9's
            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I've heard similar actually. I think some of the Audis came with the pd130 and 150 engines in them. I'd want a pd150 I think, a 2.5 would be very cool but there are good power mods for the 150's. 300hp is in reach with just turbo and air upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by dJ View Post
                Or just wait 3 more years and import a 99/5 or 2000 MKIV TDI with 4 motion
                Good point.
                That got me thinking....one could also import a Seat Leon Cupra... Oh the possibilities...
                Current: 2002 Zonda CRV
                2004 VW MK4 1.8T GTI
                2001 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (European)

Comment

On the 2.5's I did a little reading and from what I heard the v6's were not perfect, but I don't remember exactly what was wrong. Would a 1.9 bolt up as we switching a diesel for a diesel is not exactly hard if it is bolt up. Yeah we would have to change the ecu, but the trans would be geared correctly and all the fuel and air lines would be in place. An a6 would be perect for me as well, the parts should NA parts just work? I don't see most of the suspension and or brakes being much different.
                  Ben
                  2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
                  2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
                  2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
                  Her's
                  2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Originally posted by CGDoig View Post
                    Stop Ben, just stop. I told my wife I'd keep the jetta until the end but I think this is a better idea. I wonder if they discount freight on a group basis. How many of us would be ready to buy at the same time?
                    In for a 4motion 24v 2.8
                    '14 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (On Order)
                    '06 VW Jetta TDI (Daily)
                    '07 Ford F-150
                    '06 Mazda 3 (hers)

Comment

Originally posted by btimbit View Post
                      In for a 4motion 24v 2.8
                      Easy there skip, this is a diesel group buy :d Just kidding
                      2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
                      Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

Originally posted by Wildfire View Post
                        Good point.
                        That got me thinking....one could also import a Seat Leon Cupra... Oh the possibilities...
                        i think the most powerful 1.9 was 160hp in the ibiza cupra i think, BPX engine code, 150hp was next on the list ARL

the ibiza chipped to ~208hp

enjoy http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/se...W&fuels=DIESEL
                        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by dJ View Post
                          Easy there skip, this is a diesel group buy :d Just kidding
                          I'll get one of each
                          '14 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (On Order)
                          '06 VW Jetta TDI (Daily)
                          '07 Ford F-150
                          '06 Mazda 3 (hers)

Comment

Originally posted by bart View Post
                            i think the most powerful 1.9 was 160hp in the ibiza cupra i think, BPX engine code, 150hp was next on the list ARL

the ibiza chipped to ~208hp

enjoy http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/se...W&fuels=DIESEL
                            Yes, and there are a few guys in the UK who sell BT diesel kits for those cars. With simple upgrades and a tune 300hp is well within reach. 300hp and 550 ft/lbs of torgue. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

That tdi a6 avant 6speed. I literally cannot think of a car I would rather own than that, that is in regular car realm.

Comment

Working...
                              X