Volkswagen Passat Alltrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen Passat Alltrack

Volkswagen has unveiled the new Passat Alltrack ahead of its debut at the Tokyo Motor Show.

Based on the euro-spec Passat, the off-road capable variant features an elevated ride-height and gets new SUV-style bumpers with flared wheel wells and side sills.

The Passat Alltrack will be made available with two petrol and two diesel units. On the petrol side are the 1.8 TSI with 160 PS (118 kW / 158 hp) and the 2.0 TSI with 210 PS (155 kW / 207 hp). For the diesels there's the 2.0 TDI with 140 PS (103 kW / 138 hp) and the 170 PS (125 kW / 168 hp) 2.0 TDI.

The 2.0 TSI and 170 PS TDI variants will come standard will 4Motion all-wheel drive and a DSG (dual-clutch) gearbox. 4Motion all-wheel drive will be offered as an option on the 140 PS 2.0 TDI variant too.

Fuel-economy on the 140 PS 2.0 TDI variant with 4Motion will be 5.7 liters/100 km while on the 170 PS TDI the figure is 5.8 liters/100 km.

The Volkswagen Passat Alltrack will debut at the Tokyo Motor Show in early December.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Volkswagen Passat Alltrack

This looks like direct competition to the Subaru Outback

Comment

i dig it.
      Stefan
      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
        This looks like direct competition to the Subaru Outback
        Except diesel. Where do I order one?
        Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
        hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
        sigpic

Comment

Pretty sweet. Maybe 10 years from now we'll see a future Graeme will build it into a monster. haha
          Patryk
          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
          08 VW .:R32
          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Man, volkwagen and Audi are hitting the ****** mark this year. Really wish I could afford their products lol.

Comment

Make sense. The allroad had a tough time selling over here the first time, so make a passat based one, with a slightly lower pricepoint, then have the new allroad come in above this.

I like it, I like it a lot.

Comment

I keep reading it as "Passat Attack" Looks pretty cool though
                Levi.W
                78 BMW 635CSi - Project
                91 Mercedes 190E 2.6 - Daily

Comment

When soccer moms attack!
                  Name: Brent
                  His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                  Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                  Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Sorry to disappoint, but not at all surprising:

Volkswagen's just introduced Passat Alltrack won't be making it to North America.

The news is not surprising given that the Passat Alltrack is based on the euro-spec Passat and not the new North American one which is a different and larger model. Volkswagen would have to create a separate Alltrack variant for that North American edition.

Now Volkswagen has said as much.

"Because it's based on the European Passat, we have no plans to sell it here," VW of America spokesman Mark Gillies told Inside Line.

The Volkswagen Passat Alltrack is an off-road capable variant of the European Passat that comes with a raised ride-height and 4Motion all-wheel drive with the more powerful engine offerings.

The model will debut at the Tokyo Motor Show on November 30 and goes on sale in Europe in early 2012.
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

**** you volkswagen

Comment

boo
                        Stefan
                        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Well with the NA Passat getting some good awards and the like, perhaps they will work on expanding the local lineup a bit more.
                          Blair

Comment

It's like none of the automakers believe that anyone wants a diesel AWD car or wagon. I guess they figure anyone who wants diesel and AWD will buy a domestic truck? Looks like I'm keeping the GTI for a few more years.
                            Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                            hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
                            sigpic

Comment

Sorry to say Jeff but look around. We are surrounded by big dykes with their jacked up trucks running HID's in stock housing, driving downtown to their office jobs where there is absolutely no requirement to have such a big vehicle. I guess since d!cks only grow so big, they've found enhancements in truck form. The people who want AWD diesel cars and wagons for the convenience of it are left shunned because there isnt many of us. Common sense is a rare superpower these days (yes I now consider this a superpower). We are the minority.
                              Patryk
                              Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                              08 VW .:R32
                              04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Working...
                              X