CD changer error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD changer error

I was driving the Tiguan this morning because my wife had to drive the tank to transport 4 kids. When I went to eject CD1 it gave me a CDC HARDWARE ERROR after it spit it out. WTF does this mean? I can't even switch to the other discs. Does this mean VW has to rip out the dash to fix or replace it? I saw a thread somewhere that said that a guy had his "reset" by the dealer.
    2012 VW Jetta GLI

Re: CD changer error

Was there Beiber CD in there? I hear he gets his $hit stuck in everything.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Re: CD changer error

Google it. Most threads say it is a fatal error. Some have had the unit work again after a couple of days, but here's what a VW Tech has to say:

Re: Cdc Hardware Error
      If you check the fault log of your radio, it will have a code that says "control unit defective." Also, often times the radio will reset it's internal coding and the aux jack will stop working. If you have cdchardware error come up even ONCE, the radio is bad. Even if it works for a bit now it will fail. I would get a new radio NOW while you have a warranty so that you aren't stuck with a bill later.

The link is: http://volkswagenownersclub.com/vw/s...Hardware-Error

Comment

Working...
      X