Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for MK6 GTI owners on coil overs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for MK6 GTI owners on coil overs.

What are you running, and how is the ride compared to stock? I am contemplating between a cup kit, and coils. I drive 1000KM per week and care more for a comfortable ride then performance. It seems though any of the cup kits for the MK6 do not go much lower the 1.5". I just picked up 19" Ch's and hoping to eliminate wheel gap. Any help is appreciated.
    Mitesh

Re: Question for MK6 GTI owners on coil overs.

Well I ran both KW V2s and H&R coils on my car before it was sold. I believe the KWs were more comfortable, however I ran the H&Rs at a lower height and only had them in for a relatively short period of time so the comparison is not totally fair.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I run these: http://www.8380labs.com/products/838...t-coilover-kit I only have about 1000 kms on them but i can barely notice a difference in the ride. My girlfriend still can't tell the difference in ride quality.

Comment

I have kw v2 on 18s. Ride on the street is stiff enough to feel "sporty" and still comfortable with the damping turned down a but. Had the car on the track a few times, it handled pretty horrible haha. But thats also going from a s2000 set for the track.
        The summer height had no wheel gap all around with the fronts maxxed and the rears had a bit to go. I felt that it didnt go low enough but opinions are different for everyone. Although right now with winters its pretty low with the perches spun up quite a bit.
        For a daily driver I think the KWs are great.
        http://www.flickr.com/erroltan

Comment

Blair did the h&r's have a lot of bounce when you hit dips?
          Mitesh

Comment

From what I recall I did not find them to be that bouncy, I leave that to the Fiat
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
            X