Volkswagen Cross Coupe Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen Cross Coupe Concept

Volkswagen has unveiled the Cross Coupe concept at the Tokyo Motor Show.

Designed to preview the company's new styling language, the Cross Coupe features a distinctive grille, a sloping roofline and bi-xenon headlights.

The four-seat cabin is relatively straightforward, but has a programmable instrument cluster and an advanced infotainment system. There's also gloss black trim, aluminum accents and leather seats. The trunk only holds 13.4 cubic feet (379 liters) of luggage, but that can be expanded to 43.4 cubic feet (1,229 liters) when the rear seats are folded down.

Under the hood, there's a plug-in hybrid powertrain that combines a 148 hp (110 kW / 150 PS) TSI petrol engine with two electric motors that develop 54 hp (40 kW / 54 PS) and 114 hp (85 kW / 116 PS). This gives the crossover a maximum output of 262 hp (195 kW / 265), which enables it accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 7.0 seconds and hit a top speed of 201 km/h (125 mph). In terms of efficiency, the Cross Coupe averages 2.7 liters/100 km (87 mpg US) with CO2 emissions of 62 g/km. The concept also has a 9.8 kWh lithium-ion battery that allows it to travel approximately 25 miles (40 km) on electricity alone.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Volkswagen Cross Coupe Concept

Wow, those are some pretty crazy mileage figures. My wife has a crossover though, it's too small to be an SUV, and too small to be a car...

Comment

damn! I like it ALOT and like he said ^those are pretty amazing mileage numbers!

Comment

So nice!
        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I love it. I like the body styling and the small size. Cant stand big massive suv/truck/crossovers etc.
          Interior looks sweet and overall a very nice vehicle.
          ~Tracy~
          MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
          Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

Very cool. Too bad it's not a diesel hybrid yet.

Comment

Working...
            X