What's it worth to Sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it worth to Sell?

I'm looking to sell my Jetta, I'm trying to get a feeler for what it's worth, I've seen 2004 TDI Sport Jetta's on Kijiji from $11K to $15K.

We all like to think our cars are better equipped that the average, this car has a few upgrades, but they are only worth something if the person shopping cares.

Pics:

Thoughts?

Monster Mats
    Eibach Pro-kit Springs
    GLI Front/Rear/Side Skirts
    GLI Front Brakes
    GLI Cat back
    Trailer Hitch
    Hella DE Fog lights
    Euroswitch
    Vented Passenger Fender liner
    Rubber Trunk Liner
    Pioneer Avic D3 with backup camera
    Aero Wiper Blades
    OE HID with height rheostat
    Auto-Dimming rear view mirror with Homelink
    Last edited by RobG; 12-12-2011, 11:34 AM.

Re: What's it worth to Sell?

$11K sounds low to me. You might be able to land $14-$15,000 worth of C-notes if you find the right buyer.
    However, it really depends on whether you want to play the "waiting game"... If you price too high... you may be waiting months to sell.

I'd price at $14,500 and let her go for $13,000.

Just my $0.02 worth. Good luck with the sale though! She's a sharp looking Jetta I must say.
    Rob
    Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
    Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

As much as i love your car i think that $13,000 is even too high. I got my GLI for less than that and it is basically the same as yours but with the recaro seats, brushed aluminum interior and 6 speed. On the other hand the TDI sports are pretty uncommon so you might be able to price it as high as a GLI. I would start high and go lower, it cant hurt

Comment

noob question - what differs the normal TDI to the sport TDI? I assume sport suspension and bigger rims?

but i must say thats a very clean and well done up Jetta!

Comment

TDI Sport is basically a Wolfsburg 1.8T but in a TDI, different seats, 3 spoke steering wheel, 16" wheels and I think it might have had different springs.

Comment

You definitely have a one of a kind (generally speaking) Jetta that offers 2 great features. 1) it has the sharp oem looks for a GLI, everything is very clean. 2) its a diesel. For those who care more for fuel efficiency over speed, this is important. I would go with whats been suggested, and start high. Of course this depends on how long you are willing to wait, but I am willing to bet you can get 13k for it. Its just a matter of time. Good luck with your choice, the car is a beauty!
            Patryk
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Pretty nice car alright! I'd say to our GLI friend, if I walked around your car, I could spot at least a half dozen things wrong, with the paint, the maintenance and the little details that we all let slide.... The glove box handle perhaps? The vanity mirror light? The Trunk illumination? Rock chips? Curb scuffs? I promise, every used car has it's issues. But to the right buyer, this car is mint. Absolutely mint. I would throw down a price of 13,900 and take no less then 13. That way I would have a few K left to invest in my cabrio over the winter... LOL. The paint work is excellent too, I must point out. Good Luck with the Sale! She's been a sweetheart! p.s. nice pics! Is that a brewsters in the background?
              03 Saab 9-5 Aero Sportcombi - Hers
              07 Tundra Crewmax - Written off (thanks F-150 Raptor)
              07 Cadillac Escalade EXT - His
              00 Ski Centurion Air Warrior - Ours
              In the works - 90 Toyota Supra Turbo!

Comment

It just occurred to me that my sarcasm doesn't really come through in writing, To clarify, this particular car has none of those issues, I was commenting on other cars that I have seen with these issues. This particular TDI is minty.... That's why I was saying that you could point out those issues on other cars, but not this one...

Clarity is a wonderful thing....
                03 Saab 9-5 Aero Sportcombi - Hers
                07 Tundra Crewmax - Written off (thanks F-150 Raptor)
                07 Cadillac Escalade EXT - His
                00 Ski Centurion Air Warrior - Ours
                In the works - 90 Toyota Supra Turbo!

Comment

Rob, $13,000 easy, your car is a rare, minty, low km TDI Sport.
                  Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                  2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                    Rob, $13,000 easy, your car is a rare, minty, low km TDI Sport.
                    x2! I am in love with your car! Anyone that can appreciate a car like that which has been taken care of would drop 13K easily.

Comment

My '05 passat tdi went in 1 week on kijiji for $17,500 with 192k. I'd list at $15,000 and get $14,000. Or 13,500 and sell for $13 for a quick sale.
                      Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

TDi's are stupid hot right now. If you're willing to take $13,000 I think you should have it sold within a few weeks at most especially with the low kms. If it was an auto you would probably get in the $14's in less then a week!!

Comment

Yeah I was gonna say, your car is minty fresh OEM+ for those who care. TDI are calling a huge premium right now. Wait for the next summer long weekend and sell. 15k. I would even return mine to stock and sell to buy yours!
                          Last edited by CGDoig; 12-13-2011, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I mentioned to a friend that I was going to sell it, her first response was, "Name your Price" I'm not in any hurry to sell it if she isn't interested. I can wait until the spring, it's not the best season to be selling cars. Thanks for all the advice!

Comment

Without reading ANY of the other comments in the thread I thought 12k or maybe 13 if it's a TDI. Must be spotlessly clean when showing it to people.
                              KR
                              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                              X