W8 Panel and some other new interior goodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W8 Panel and some other new interior goodies

Just installed my W8 panel and some other interior goodies that I got for Christmas (free mods are the best mods ). The installation of the W8 panel was pretty simple, although removing the A-pillar cover to route the wiring involved more brute force than I would have liked. I have to say, for what this mod costs, it's pretty sweet. I love the red ambient lighting, very subtle.

Here's the before shot....

And now with the W8 panel in place.....

Oh yeah BTW, that is Gucci in case anyone's wondering. I have a thing for the bling

Also put in the Landspeed brushed aluminum center dash trim, brushed aluminum defroster rings, and Bora sport edition shifter....

Last edited by Derick; 01-01-2004, 09:52 PM.
    Derick

Re: W8 Panel and some other new interior goodies

lookin' sweet

Present
    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
    2003 VW Jetta GLI
    1992 VW Jetta GL
    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

derick htf? did you get a gucci piece? was it premade or did you have to buy the fabric? i saw a few peeps on vortex do that too. .haha total bling
      post a closeup of your dash kit and the rings too dude..

hey derick the apillar just wondering if you got the top clip back on proper? mine is still jacked from my boost guage install.. its on there but not 100%.. anyone know a fix to get it back on proper? maybe i'll wait though until 42dd releases their color matched LED..
      Last edited by R_Ethug; 01-01-2004, 09:58 PM.

Comment

why did you have to route wiring down the a-pillar? isnt there power up there already? i mean there is a light up there!!
        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by lsc2g
          derick htf? did you get a gucci piece? was it premade or did you have to buy the fabric? i saw a few peeps on vortex do that too. .haha total bling
          post a closeup of your dash kit and the rings too dude..

ps.. your image html is backwards for the last pic
          Thanks guys. Just fixed the last image. The pics are a little blurry and the colors look off cuz of the crappy lighting in my garage. The Gucci mod was straight off of Vortex. Probably the same threads you were looking at. I got the fabric from the fashion district in downtown L.A. You can get all sorts of "designer" prints (ie. Gucci, Burberry, Fendi, Coach, etc). I think there are some places online that carry them as well.

The defroster rings are machined to fit the outside circumference of the vents. I took out the grills and airbrushed them with aluminum paint to match the Landspeed pieces so that the whole thing looks brushed aluminum.
          Derick

Comment

Originally posted by bart
            why did you have to route wiring down the a-pillar? isnt there power up there already? i mean there is a light up there!!
            The wiring harness is already there from the stock panel to operate the sunroof and interior lights. But the W8 panel has the illuminated controls and ambient lighting that are activated by the headlight switch (#17 pin). So it's just a single wire that needs to be run down to the switch to remotely turn the lights on with the headlights.
            Derick

Comment

Looks sweet
              Nick
              There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
              --Albert Einstein

Comment

yup.. hey derick i'll have to check out the ambient lighting sometime.. after seeing your before and after pics yea the stock one looks like crap totally.. i want to do the mod but dunno if i like the lighting or not so i might leave that wire out..

hey where did you buy it from? i think i'm gonna order mine from ECStuning as i get other stuff from them

oh yea the defroster rings look pretty cool maybe i'll have to try that one out to match the rest of the alu in my car

Comment

Originally posted by C-town Driver
                  The wiring harness is already there from the stock panel to operate the sunroof and interior lights. But the W8 panel has the illuminated controls and ambient lighting that are activated by the headlight switch (#17 pin). So it's just a single wire that needs to be run down to the switch to remotely turn the lights on with the headlights.
                  oh ya. i knew it had illuminated buttons, but forgot you had to do that. lol

or i guess you can just do it so they're on all the time right?
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

hmm thats weird. When I installed mine i didnt need to remove the a-pillar, all you do is tuck the wiring under and it finds a way to get down to the siwtch area if that makes sense. The W8 mod is definetly pimp, especially if yer on a black highway.
                    Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

damn how many of you guys have this then.. i gotta jump on the bandwagon

Comment

I dig the Gucci!!! And those defroster vents look hot as well, car is looking hot!!!!!!
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Yeah, I was hoping to try it out tonight on the way home from work so I could see how the lighting looks with the street lights and all, but the roads are all snowy now (back in the winter beater now).
                          Ryan, I was able to get the a-pillar cover back properly. I could have routed the wiring without removing it, but when I tried it that way I wasn't satisfied with the way it tucked between the a-pillar and windsheild. I'm just waiting on 3 more brushed alum pieces for the front vents and then the interior will be done as far as I want to take it.
                          Oh yeah...The W8 panel was a gift, but it came with an Ecstuning invoice inside the box
                          Derick

Comment

Derick, your car is an inspiration!
                            KR
                            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                              Derick, your car is an inspiration!
                              Hahaha......Thanks Kris
                              Derick