Help with Climatronic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Climatronic

Yesterday my blower stopped working in my 2001.5 Passat. I checked the codes on the Climatronic and it came back as 4F9. I have been able to research that it is the blower motor or blower control module. I was wondering if anyone here had a similar experience and what the best route to take is. I do not live in the city so taking to the dealership is not an option. Thanks.
    Al
    Hitler Built My Hotrod

Re: Help with Climatronic

I can check and see tomorrow if I have a diagnostic procedure but usually what fails is the blower motor resistor or regulator
    Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Thanks Natty! Once I diagnose, I'm assuming that you might be able to get me the part that I need?
      Al
      Hitler Built My Hotrod

Comment

Doesn't look like I have one.

But I would first try and make sure you have power going to and from the resistor, If you do then jump the motor if it works then you have an issue with the module or another component

and yes I do have all the parts

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

Comment

Put a meter on the lines to the blower and make sure it is getting power. Then change the speed and make sure the voltage varies. If there is no voltage it could be the resistor pack or even the relay. I had a relay in my van with a bad connection that was letting the rear blower operate and the control head but not the front blower. After tons of troubleshooting I took the relay apart, resoldered the power connection and it was fixed.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Got it fixed!! Took it all apart, checked the blower by itself- Good. Checked the pigtail connector connected to the car - Good. Checked the power at the end of the resistor pack - Good. Clean and put it all back together - Good! So happy that it was something simple, even though I'm not exactly sure what caused it. thanks for all the help.

PS - Natty I'll let you know when I'm in Calgary next to meet up for that interior light.
            Al
            Hitler Built My Hotrod

Comment

Glad you got it sorted out, that sounds good

Comment

Working...
              X