oh man.. these are for sure coming in the spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh man.. these are for sure coming in the spring

ECS stage 1 brake setup 13.1" in the front can clear OEM wheels with no spacers needed. oh like 800cdn for the fronts with pads..

Re: oh man.. these are for sure coming in the spring

800 Can? With rotors and calipers? That seems really REALLY cheap.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

big brakes are cool and all, but I'll wait until I have a little more "go" power before dropping that kinda cash on stopping power. big brakes are really only for visual benefits at this point. my brakes work fantastic as they are

Present
      2010 Audi A4 S-Line
      2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
      2003 VW Jetta GLI
      1992 VW Jetta GL
      1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

I definetly agree with Mike on that one. But if you've got the cash then do it Ryan, those look hot
        Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

haha yea for me its more of a looks thing.. i don't drive crazy enough to use all the power but i'm putting these on regardless they also have a 12.1" setup for the rears thats about 600cdn for it all and i might do that one too.. the rotors are also cadminum plated so they wont' get gross and rusty

Comment

Hey Ryan where can I find out more about this setup, like who makes the calipers and how they are built?
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I can't say enough about good brakes. I think you would be surprised just how much you would use the added braking power. My car has 12.3" fronts and 10.5" rears (same brakes as the TT) and I love every second of braking in my car. It's also nice to know that if you *have* to brake hard, you can, it'll work, and won't overheat anything (within reason).
              billip
              2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

kris www.ecstuning.com

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/...l=&engine=1.8T

it actually uses the OEM caliper but they add their bracket to make the pad give more grip.. anyways from the stuff i read on vortex even though you dont' fully change the caliper and stuff they are better than a TT setup although both kick ass.. ECS also sells TT kits too that are like 170 US cheaper than this kit and you can get them slotted/drilled too
                oh wait TT kit is more money since more is involed.. check their brake product page it has a zillion things to buy
                okay actually the TT kit is cheaper when using OEM 1 piece rotors if you use their custom 2 piece light weight blah blah then its like 650US for a kit .. but you can get the OEM 1 pieces cad plated and drilled,etc hrmm
                Last edited by R_Ethug; 01-02-2004, 06:23 PM.

Comment

If I am going to go with new brakes, I want good (big) calipers too... otherwise I don't see the point in bigger rotors except for the look...
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

yea now that you mention it i'm gonna do thier TT setup with the 12.3 custom 2 piece with new calipers,etc they look awesome .. they'll go on sale by spring their stage 1 kit has been out for a while thats why its on sale me thinks..

Comment

Right now my favorite kit is the RPI 13" brake upgrade, although there was a great group buy on Vortex in December for brakes but I just couldn't afford it.
                      KR
                      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                      X