LF: someone who wants to supercharge a 2.slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LF: someone who wants to supercharge a 2.slow

we are looking to do a shootout, and want to know if anyone wants to supercharge their ride. We are looking to hire and buy a competitors kit and show what a shop will charge to install and test a supercharged ride. then test it out. then after we put on our supercharger (or before). and show/compare results.

Before we go down the road does anyone want to bring their ride? We wont be doing the install, one of the best tuning shops will be (unbiased report).

car will be based on the 2.slow, if no one steps up, we will be showing how much a shop would charge to make x hp, vs our kit on the city golf.

thoughts?
    Last edited by Gamman; 01-07-2012, 12:43 AM.

Re: LF: someone who wants to suoercharge a 2.slow

so what are you doing you want to buy a neuspeed supercharger for example, and pay to have it installed on someone's car?
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Tracy has a 2.slow......

And just for the record i really like the idea of your guys' kit. Electric SC's would be extremely viable with the new battery types that are on the market nowadays.

And if Tracy happens to be interested i would be more than willing to help out with any installation, troubleshooting and data logging that you guys might need or would help you guys out
      Last edited by MechEngg; 01-07-2012, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Sounds cool but I would need more informatin on this for sure. This is my baby and if something goes wrong I'm without a car and its not worth that type of risk.

How long would a process like this take and how long would i be without my car? What costs would I be looking at? Is there any warrenty or anything incase of something happening and I no longer have a working engine?
        ~Tracy~
        MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
        Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

I am interesting in seeing the results as I might be looking for a supercharger once I get my 2.0 into my cabby.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Great. I will need to meet up with you guys. Our project is almost ready for release. Just a bit more testing/torturing. We were toying with the idea of doing it on our car (city golf), just because of all the reasons Tracy mentioned. We were thinking of getting Lightspeed to do all the testing, etc. They have the install and dyno facilities. Any other recommendations?

Yes, the neuspeed is what we were thinking of comparing it to. I don't know of any other 2.slow Superchargers.

Once we are done the NS supercharger on the city golf it will be for sale. It will cost too much to take it off. We have tested our product on that car so many times that we know it inside and out.

I was just brainstorming that if someone was planning on buying one soon, we would subsidize the cost and install, with strings attached. Said person has to be willing to let Lightspeed install and let us test it and use it for photos/magazine write up, etc, otherwise we are paying for it all, 100%.

I guess if it's your only car, it's a coordinators dream.

Comment

Just a note, you may want to spell Supercharge correctly, in your title, especially when representing a company.

Comment

FWIW, i installed a neuspeed charger on a 2.0 almost 10 years ago. i seem to remember the dyno numbers to have gone from a stock 90hp to 126hp, with a smaller pulley than the one they supply. i didn't think it was worth the cost to power ratio, especially with the stock pulley. that made it around 112hp, i think. i also put a matched cam in the car at the same time.

*car was a mk3 jetta.
                Last edited by 100%VAGitarian; 01-07-2012, 12:48 PM.
                you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Why the 2 slow? Why not a VR6?
                  2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
                  Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

the 2.slow is our first step. We are starting off with small engines that will benefit from some low end torque, more than a bigger engine would (on a % basis).

We will get to the vr6, but that will take time.

We are trying to make sure we have all our bases covered before a launch, as you can imagine, we won't get too many second chances.

As for the spelling, i saw it just after i posted, and as such couldn't correct it, even though i tried. Mods, if you are able to fix it, it would be appreciated.

plus, mr100%, that story is exactly what we are going to show, plus install labour time to show all the difference with our setup.
                    Last edited by Gamman; 01-07-2012, 04:25 PM. Reason: added end

Comment

Bahnbrenner also makes a sc kit for the 2.0 more costly but it can be staged .
                      12 Volvo XC 90
                      03 Jetta1.8T
                      95 Cabrio VRT
                      90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Originally posted by dJ View Post
                        Why the 2 slow? Why not a VR6?
                        Bigger displacement needs more volume of air, pretty hard to accomplish I would think.
                        GT3071R and more...

Comment

Re: LF: someone who wants to supercharge a 2.slow

this is cool, you guys should just do it to my mk1 cabrio lol

Comment

I'd love to see this on my TDI. Add the supercharger for instant low end and a big turbo for the high end. These are pictures of someone who did that.
                            http://s434.photobucket.com/albums/q...tiksen%20osia/

Comment

I wonder if it would improve the gas mileage on my 12V vr6 urinalvan... but If I remember correctly those super chargers don't run all the time right? more of a limited time boost?
                              Name: Brent
                              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
                              X