Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Innovative Design & Fabrication - Drop Plates (Group buy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Innovative Design & Fabrication - Drop Plates (Group buy)

would be intrested depending on final price
    Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

Depends on how low you are really. If you have a cupkit i would NOT recommend getting these, but if your ftg is 23 or lower it will make a big difference.

No shipping date as of yet, they are just spreading the word around for the group buy so they have numbers. From what i read they are currently starting to make them.

Toe shims can be bought by yourself, i don't think there would be much of a deal buying multiple sets unless its just saving on shipping. But if everybody wants a set then perhaps that can be part of the total cost.

Comment

i was reading some stuff on their facebook page and it says that toe adjustments are accounted for in the plate. it may just be a weird angle in the picture...

Comment

Well thats awesome! I don't have facebook anymore so i can't keep updated

Comment

i believe you can still view their page without an account. this is what they said though...

"we have the camber angle set based off of a "normal" ride height. when the car is layed out the wheels will toe in a bit due to the change in the angle of the beam. What we have done is found a happy medium, that is not going to chew the tires up or have any negative effects on the alignment."

edit: found one more comment

"There isnt much you can do about the toe because the beam is fixed and there is no change in suspension geometry. What we did was just make sure the toe was arite at a good ride height. The tires will be toed in a little when aired out and when at ride height the toe will be really close to what you need for driving, that is dependant on what you consider ride height though. The plates use fine thread metric hardware for the hub. We went to fine thread because there is more "holding" strength."
            Last edited by martin13; 01-11-2012, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I would like a picture of their ride height lol. It will be different for each person.

Actually i really wish they made a happy medium plate, where they moved the hub back a little bit so that the wheel was centered at the ride height and moved forward just a tiny bit for aired out

Comment

why don't we just make them ourselves? this is the excuse for me to buy a mill

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                  I would like a picture of their ride height lol. It will be different for each person.

Actually i really wish they made a happy medium plate, where they moved the hub back a little bit so that the wheel was centered at the ride height and moved forward just a tiny bit for aired out
                  They can't, with where the hub bolts onto it the bolts need to go through, any less and they would still be hitting the beam.
                  Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                  2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Presale TODAY! I purchased 3 sets all of you who want then need to get me money ASAP!!!

$190 CAD including shipping + customs.
                    Last edited by BaggedGLI; 01-14-2012, 11:33 AM.
                    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

1 set left that I ordered.
                      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Will get you money soon

Comment

Placing another order to IDF here within the next week or so.

Rear drop plates are 2 weeks out till shipping and go for $195 USD plus a little bit for shipping and duties.

Just wondering if anyone else wants a set here with the second order coming in?
                          Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                          2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

No one?

$220 including shipping and duty. Placing order monday.
                            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Thought i would include some specs from my alignment yesterday for the rear.

Camber:
                              Left: -3.7
                              Right: -4.3

Toe: (acceptable range 0-0.20)
                              Left: 0.15
                              Right: 0.10

This is taken with absolutely zero wheel gap, so ride height. With the fenders just grazing the top of my 225/40/18 tires.

Comment

Working...
                              X