12 jetta or 12 passat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 jetta or 12 passat

so my mom is looking for a new car i'm pushing her for a vw. she'll be coming from a jeep liberty but she wants to get a car now. the main things she needs is an automatic, keyless entry and bluetooth. all the other features she wants are pretty much standard anyway. she wants a final price around 25k

i'm pushing her to get the passat as once you get the 2.5 in the jetta they are pretty much the same price plus you get some of the options such as bluetooth included. what do you guys think passat or jetta. also is vw known for dealing well with the carcostcanada.com price??

Re: 12 jetta or 12 passat

I would say the passat all the way. The new jetta's do not feel like a VW they have no soft touch interior and the doors feel flimsy. I am pretty good buddies with the head manager at Northland I might be able to get him to swing you a deal.

Comment

I'd imagine you're comparing a Passat Treadline to Jetta Comfortline. If price is the biggest concern I'd say Jetta, however there are some luxuries that the Passat has that the Jetta doesn't.

downsides to the Jetta Comfortline: no dual zone climate control, very basic MFI, hard plastic interior, drum brakes
      downsides to Passat Treadline: steel wheels, worse millage, non heated windshield washer nozzles, more expensive

Personally I think you need to test drive both. I did and am happy I went with the Jetta, I too switched over from a chrysler product. She won't be let down with the interior when compared to the jeep. I have no problems with the hard plastic interior, as I don't stroke my dash while I drive. However the door cards could use a little extra cushioning under the fabric. I paid around 25k for the Jetta and its a 2.0 automatic with sunroof and connectivity. I'm very happy with this car, still drives like a VW to me. Much better than my MK4 TDI did in fact.

Comment

She doesn't give me much info. We went and looked on Saturday and she really liked the Jetta. The passag just makes more sense to me. I'll have to take her for a test drive in the coming weeks.

Comment

Working...
        X