Color Matching Lip On Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Matching Lip On Wheel

Ok so I'm looking do some colour matching on the golf, and i cannot find any information on my rims. the rims are called ikon overtake 33's. i was wondering if anyone knew how to find the colour code or exact colour of the little yellow lip, without having to grab those little paper swatches and finding the closest yellow. i have tried emailing a seller of the rims and have not gotten a reply back yet.

Re: Color Matching Lip On Wheel

pretty sure you can go to a paint store who does paint matches and they have a tool that scans paint and gives you a code, i did it to find a paint pen and worked good

Comment

Email the company but most likely you are going to have to get it color matched and put in a spray can.
      Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

would that mean i have to take the whole wheel into the paint store? and i have tried to find the company's website but i couldn't find it. this was the closest i could find but it does not list my wheel on the website

http://ikonwheels.com.au/

Comment

you gonna paint the whole wheel yellow man?!
          Bagged 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T Stage 2 Unitronic, 2016 Tiguan R-Line , S13 SR20DET, Mk2 VR6 Project, 2011 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

Hmm interesting thought hahaha but no I don't think so. I just deccided I want to properly color match the yellow I already have; emblems/roof rack and maybe even rubstrips in the future. Although I have never seen anyone do such a bold move haha
            Last edited by Danaldson; 06-07-2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Black & Yellow, Black & Yellow, Black & Yellow, Black & Yellow, yeah
              '14 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (On Order)
              '06 VW Jetta TDI (Daily)
              '07 Ford F-150
              '06 Mazda 3 (hers)

Comment

Honestly Danny, I wouldnt color match the rubstrips. Sometimes less is more, and in this case it really shows. You dont wanna go too far with the color and ruin the overall appearance of the car. Keep it simple and clean man
                Patryk
                Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                08 VW .:R32
                04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

yeah i didn't really mean for my car to come out the way it did with all the black and yellow. And i took that song off my iPod so it never comes on while I'm driving haha. and pat definitely a big emphasis on the maybe and future. but does anyone have an idea so that i don't have to take my whole rim into a paint store?

Comment

I agree with Pat...no rubs. I think the the amount of accents you have now is just right!
                    Bagged 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T Stage 2 Unitronic, 2016 Tiguan R-Line , S13 SR20DET, Mk2 VR6 Project, 2011 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

alright cool sounds good! but i still think i wanna perfectly match the yellow with the pinstripe

Comment

Working...
                      X