More Propaganda from "The Man" -- threats from VW --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Propaganda from "The Man" -- threats from VW --

That sucks. M$ is doing the same thing to the owner of www.windowsxp.com.
    Corporate (North) America sucks sometimes.
    TDI SportWagen

Seeing as how this is a violation of Trademark status on behalf of VW of North America, then they have every right to compose the letter that has been posted in this thread. If I had a registered trademark or a copyright (which I do on an upcoming project), I will would be a little upset as well that someone else was violating the law and using my logo within their company, business, and in this case, their website.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by UTennis13:
      Seeing as how this is a violation of Trademark status on behalf of VW of North America, then they have every right to compose the letter that has been posted in this thread. If I had a registered trademark or a copyright (which I do on an upcoming project), I will would be a little upset as well that someone else was violating the law and using my logo within their company, business, and in this case, their website.

What I don't understand is this: GenerationIV is a VW Enthusiast site. This is a forum/club of people who love and encourage people to drive VW cars. Even if they are using the logo without permission, this is advertising for them.

Melinda
      www.melindasyryda.com

Comment

alot of people on that site say they will never buy volkswagen again, and make their opinions very clear on the forum.

there have been many threads about bad dealership experiences. and you wonder why VW wants to shut them down?
        Simon

Comment

Whether it is a good forum that promotes VW or a bad one that deminishes it, my statement was that they are breaking the laws within the binding agreement that adorns Volkswagen's trademark for their VW logo.

On a side note, where is a VW logo (exact replication) on the GenerationIV.com website?

Comment

there were 5 VW logo's, but they removed them after they got a letter asking them to do so.
            Simon

Comment

I see. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
              X