ESP saved my life this morning.. seriously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP saved my life this morning.. seriously

This mornign I had to go down to my companies plant to replace a switch that went dead and I was on memorial and right at the zoo this car like 6 cars in front of me and we were the only 2 on the road out of nowhere his car went sideways and smashed into the barrier on the far left lane i was in the middle lane thinking .....greaaaattt.. it bounced back at me and i swerved into the right land went to about a 45% angle ESP flashed car went woot woot dodged buddy by seriously 2 feet and went straight through.. needless to say my pants are full of goop this morning but my jetta isn't smashed.. this all happened doing about 70km/hr and i swear if i had any other car i would have t-boned the guy..

ESP is awesome!

Re: ESP saved my life this morning.. seriously

ahah. my esp isn't in the form of a button, but instead connected to my hands and feet. lol.

i remember last year i was driving down crowchild, it was snowing, and i still had my summer rims on. i was approaching a bend on crowchild fairly fast, and my car tends to oversteer under braking, so what do you know, i was going sideways all of sudden, and crossed 3 lanes of traffic before managing to straighten out and avoiding the wall. lucky for me it was the outside lane going in, and i didnt hit any other cars. a few hundred meters i relaxed, and when the people who saw this caught up, i was like "you like that eh?" ahaha. it was scary though.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Roads have been kinda hairy last couple days.

Yesterday afternoon, was eastbound on country hills blvd just past Beddington tr. Just on the bridge beside the golf course, a minivan a few cars ahead of me lost control and went over the curb, through the fence, and down the embankment! And he was flyin' Fuggn scary.
      2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

Was the car that got smashed a Tiburon (silver)?

My buddy got into a smash up there this morning.
        Last edited by nickyh; 02-02-2004, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KLOBIONEKINOBI
          Roads have been kinda hairy last couple days.

Yesterday afternoon, was eastbound on country hills blvd just past Beddington tr. Just on the bridge beside the golf course, a minivan a few cars ahead of me lost control and went over the curb, through the fence, and down the embankment! And he was flyin' Fuggn scary.
          Yeah, I saw the aftermath of that one. Pretty crazy.
          Neil
          '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

I know how it feels Ryan. This morning on the highway into town my car decided to turn about 30degrees...... Stupid thing is, I'm so used to correcting for it myself because my old car didn't have ESP, and was rear-wheel drive. Oh-well ESP works
            Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

What time was that wreck on memorial? I was driving there this morning at about 10:30 and there were 2, one going east, one going west right at the zoo. I dont know what has been up with memorial, but it has been really bad lately.

Know I kinda wish that I had got the ESP. Never really seem to think about it when buying during the summer.

Gaf
              www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

funny thing is i was on memorial 4 times this morning the one i was almost in was at like 7:25 and when i was coming back at like 1015 there was a 2 or 3 pile up EXACT same spot that i was in before! these were on on eastbound.. crazy shiz..

Comment

Originally posted by lsc2g
                  funny thing is i was on memorial 4 times this morning the one i was almost in was at like 7:25 and when i was coming back at like 1015 there was a 2 or 3 pile up EXACT same spot that i was in before! these were on on eastbound.. crazy shiz..
                  There was one there around 8:30 too. far as I can tell a Neon went sideways, a bus behind hit the brakes, car behind following too close smucked up their front end on the bus.

A few people mess it up for everyone. It took me almost 2 hours to get in this morning 'cause of 2 accidents (that I passed, maybe more).
                  Jay

Comment

ya ESP is pretty baller! did anyone go on John Laurie and McKnight today? They closed off McKnight because I think someone crashed pretty bad. The roads are pretty nutty.
                    Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

Yeah this morning the NW was a mess. I was listening the radio on the way the office around 8 and they said that JL, McKnight, Country Hills, 14 Street and Crowchild were all screwed.
                      Neil
                      '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

yah, it really was slippery this morning on the crowchild.

ASR light was flashing constantly in 5th gear going 60km/h
                        Simon

Comment

There are few things more fun than drifting a full-sized Yukon in 2 wheel drive through the suburban streets of Chinook Park

Sidenote: Mercedes 4matic is amazing in these conditions. My dad has a C240 4 matic as a loaner and I was amazed by how well it works when i took it out for a rip.

Oh, I should be getting some good pics of my dad's car from when its air suspension failed and dropped completely - it was literally 1.5 cm off the ground! Lots of negative camber too! haha. The Icy Hot Stuntaz would have been 'all ova dat sheet'.
                          Last edited by Chris; 02-03-2004, 03:00 AM.
                          2008 Audi RS4
                          2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Working...
                          X