Mkv gti boost gauge install help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mkv gti boost gauge install help

Anyone know the cost or can help me install this autometer boost gauge I got for Christmas. I live in south calgary and would really appreciate the hand. Thanks
    Branden Hemelspeck
    Mkv Gti
    ~Stage 1 chip, Resonator Delete, Stubby Antenna, Tint all around, Boost gauge.~
    ~~~I Love My Dub~~~
    Sold :(

Re: Mkv gti boost gauge install help

Link to said boost gauge? Never heard of the brand before. I installed my boost gauge yesterday and it was fairly easy. Depending on how it mounts inside the car, I could maybe provide some help/insight.
    Scott
    '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
    '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Its called Autometer here's the link to exact gauge http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugede...earch&gid=3442 . Sorry i was on my phone before that's why i didn't give to much description. But i plan on buying the steering column gauge pod mount tomorrow from concept 1 and putting that gauge in. This isn't my first boost gauge install but it is my first car that i want to keep clean and no hack installs. I would of bought myself the new south performance kit but i hear weary things of it and my fiance bought my the gauge for Xmas. Thank you very much for all help.
      Branden Hemelspeck
      Mkv Gti
      ~~~I Love My Dub~~~

Comment

I did the new south gauge in my gti. Works great. I'd love to help but I'm pretty busy with a baby I don't think I the wife would like me disapearing. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
          I did the new south gauge in my gti. Works great. I'd love to help but I'm pretty busy with a baby I don't think I the wife would like me disapearing. Haha
          Yea i don't wanna make your wife mad. haha

Anyone? I'm willing to pay, just didn't wanna pay the $200 at tune dub or concept 1 to do it haha.
          Last edited by Buba49211; 01-01-2013, 07:07 PM.
          Branden Hemelspeck
          Mkv Gti
          ~~~I Love My Dub~~~

Comment

Don't think I can help much... I don't think my gauge could be more different haha. I have a vent mounted electronic gauge.
            Scott
            '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
            '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
              Don't think I can help much... I don't think my gauge could be more different haha. I have a vent mounted electronic gauge.
              Ah Yea it is a little bit different indeed. I mainly am concerned about mounting the pod and powering and tapping vac line... So alot of the process i guess... haha
              Branden Hemelspeck
              Mkv Gti
              ~~~I Love My Dub~~~

Comment

i realize that you have a different brand of gauge, but this write-up seems pretty effective. If your gauge didnt come with a T-connector, you're gonna need one. they cost about 50cents.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3524

hope that helps.

Comment

looks like this is going to be a pain in the ass, i have to install mine soon also if i can figure out how to do it

Comment

it's fairly simple to do i think the hardest part was getting the gauge to sit right on the steering wheel. golfmkv has all the best write ups.

Comment

Originally posted by lulu View Post
                      looks like this is going to be a pain in the ass, i have to install mine soon also if i can figure out how to do it
                      How is this going to be a PITA?
                      Remove engine cover
                      Remove battery
                      Remove hose
                      Install new hose/fitting
                      Run vacuum line to cabin
                      Remove trim pieces
                      Tap power for lighting
                      Install boost gauge

It is a very straight forward process and shouldn't take you longer than an hour and a half

Comment

As mechengg said its pretty straigh forward. Just redid my gauge with new tubing, Im willing to help if you want it
                        -Terry
                        -2014 S4
                        insta:Whiney_S4

Comment

http://www.awe-tuning.com/awe-mk5-boost-gauge-vent-kit

This is my favorite for boost gauges for the MK5. Installed one on a friends Mk5, super easy and keeps everything close so you dont have to fish wires
                          very far and looks factory!

Comment

Working...
                          X