Volkswagen CrossBlue Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Volkswagen CrossBlue Concept

This should be released as the new Tiguan long wheel base this fall. I'm somewhat interested in the final result...
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I can't wait till then for a 7 seater, I am probably going for the highlander by the looks of things.
      Ben
      2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
      2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
      2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
      Her's
      2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Volkswagen’s engineers are hard at work performing hot-weather testing on upcoming vehicles in Death Valley, and this fresh set of spy photos shows the evaluations on the brand’s forthcoming three-row crossover. VW of America has the honors of naming the big CUV, and Teramont is reportedly the division’s favored moniker for it.

This one wears camouflage at the front and rear but middle is bare. The crossover takes major styling cues from the CrossBlue concept, especially the boxy proportions and slab sides. These photos also give us a glimpse inside. While it’s hard to spot many details, a large navigation screen occupies a lot of real estate on the center stack.

VW’s three-row crossover is only for the North American market – at least at first. It shares the MQB platform with many other VW Group products, which means a transverse engine up front. The most likely powerplant is the 3.6-liter V6 from the U.S Passat with 280 horsepower, and 4Motion all-wheel drive would be option – possibly even standard equipment. There are also rumors of the brand’s 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder in the powertrain lineup and perhaps even a hybrid later.

The big crossover goes into production in Chattanooga, Tennessee, by the end of the 2016, and sales would begin in 2017. Expect it to debut at an auto show sometime this year. November’s event in Los Angeles is a likely choice.

Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Hmmm, I really liked the concept but this looks like a Dodge Durango.

Hopefully when that rubber cover comes off it's going to look better.
          Last edited by witchcraftz; 08-16-2016, 08:57 AM.

Comment

http://driving.ca/volkswagen/reviews...-three-row-suv
            Stefan
            -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
            -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
            -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Concept

Spyshots

Comment

I wonder how much it will share with the recently unveiled Skoda Kodiaq which is also a 7 seater.

Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Looks identical, aside from a bit off Skoda styling.

Comment

I think the Skoda and the LWB Tiguan are essentially the same vehicle (other than the body of course). The cross blue is built on a larger chassis I believe!
                    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

I hope it is longer, the back seat is the same configuration as a durango and the space behind it looks non existent. My wife and I looked and sat in a great number of 7-8 seater SUV's and would have loved to have tried the cross blue. We could not wait for this though as I would have liked, although I am not totally disappointed in the highlander either. I don't really have to drive it much, and the hope is I should not have to maintain it much either.
                      Ben
                      2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
                      2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
                      2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
                      Her's
                      2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

We still won’t see it until the Los Angeles Auto Show in November, but Volkswagen has revealed a few more details about its forthcoming midsize crossover, which the automaker refers to as its B-SUV. A new promotional video from VW teases the crossover’s length and powertrain ratings.

A promotional video showing a prototype of the new VW midsize crossover reveals that the model will be five meters, four centimeters (198.4 inches) long. That makes it a little bit longer than rival three-row crossovers like the Honda Pilot (194.5 inches) and Toyota Highlander (191.1 inches).

According to the video voiceover, the seven-seater will also pack a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four engine rated at 238 horsepower (177 kilowatts), as well as an optional 3.6-liter V6 good for 280 hp (208 kw).

The crossover, for which a name still has not been announced, will be built at Volkswagen’s plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Styling will draw some inspiration from the CrossBlue concept of 2013. It’s an important model for the brand to pivot from focusing on cars like the Jetta and Golf to larger vehicles more suited to the U.S. market.

“It’s a product that I believe fits really well with this market,” Volkswagen Group of America chairman Hinrich Woebckn said earlier this week. “It is a big step for the brand from a more compact line to a full line with a B SUV.”

The crossover will go on sale in the second quarter of next year, and is likely to be shown publicly in L.A. this fall.

Volkswagen will follow up that model with a long-wheelbase version of the new Tiguan. To be built in Mexico, that model will likely debut at the Detroit Auto Show in January and will go on sale in the U.S. by fall 2017. It will be, “a very competitive offering in the largest segment in the U.S., the compact SUV,” said Hendrik Muth, Volkswagen of America vice president of product marketing and strategy.

Blair

Comment

Working...
                        X