Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Warren G have to put up with this with his regulators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Warren G have to put up with this with his regulators?

I noticed the other day that my car was no longer Reflex Silver, but rather Montezuma's Revenge Brown due to a week's worth of slushy roads. Pressed for time I opted to go through the automatic carwash by my house rather than the preferred coin carwash.

After the attendant had given my car a sound rinsing, I roll the window down, give him my wash ticket and as he starts the wash I notice that my window refuses to go up. After repeatedly tugging on the switch, my window decides to see what it's like deep in the recess of my driver's side door. The cheeky bastard dropped right down and was now rattling inside the door!

What ensued was a stream of expletives spouting from my mouth at a rate that would do credit to a Porsche. Hearing my colorful language, the attendant looks over and seeing the state of my window - or rather, my window frame, quickly stops the wash before I get an unwarranted shower.

I was the unfortunate victim of a window regulator failure. I don't know what was worse - having my regulatah' fail, or having the aggravated drivers behind me all back up so I could get out.

I immediately drove to SouthCenter where they gave my car the ol' once over while I watched some lucky sod take delivery of his new 911 turbo. Oddly enough, he never did offer me a ride in it... but I digress.

Returning to the service area I was told how they employed the utmost of high-tech solutions to my car. Not having the part available at the moment, they placed a 2x4 inside my door to prop the window closed. So now I drive around with a wooden dildo in my door as I wait for them to get the part in.

As an aside - I told them about my blown DV, so when it goes in to get the new regulator, I'll have a new valve thrown in too. My dad also took pity on me and is letting me have his E500 while the work gets done.

Has this happened to anyone here? How long does it typically take for the part to come in? It was supposed to be in today, but alas, no call.

Sorry for the long post, just felt like venting a bit.
    2008 Audi RS4
    2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Tough break Chris, but I think we need to go for a drive in the E500! [BigPimp] [BigPimp] [BigPimp] [BigPimp] [BigPimp] [BigPimp] [BigPimp] [BigPimp] He is cool and new!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

none of mine have broken yet, 35k. KNOCK ON WOOD

Comment

Man, I am sorry to hear this. Those are horrible from what I've heard. I have not had one after 23,916 miles (knocking on wood sound) thank goodness.

Comment

Sorry about your luck.... but honestly, I burst out laughing when I read this. [HAHA] Wooden 2x4 [Hmm]
          Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Thanks guys. I figured that if I was going to write a lengthy vent-session, I might aswell make it fun to read.
            2008 Audi RS4
            2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

And Blair, I'll give you a shout when I've got the E-five-hundee! I've only driven it a few times since my dad got it in December, but I was left quite impressed with it. For such a heavy car it's one fast mother-effer. As soon as I get the chance I'll post some pictures of it. My dad has also been flirting with the idea of trading it for a new E55 since reading an article on it and seeing how great it looks. I'll continue to lobby for the E55 and keep you guys posted.
              2008 Audi RS4
              2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

****, sorry Peter, that of course includes you too!
                2008 Audi RS4
                2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

It's been 9 days. No call. I called them today. A mistake was apparently made. Service guy didn't do what he was supposed to do. Dildo still in my door.
                  2008 Audi RS4
                  2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Chris:
                    Dildo still in my door.

Maybe your car likes that

[HAHA]

More time with the E!
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                    X