Clear All

Re: APR "Stages"

+1
    ~~TODD~~
    '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

Originally posted by flipstah View Post
      I got mine done through Concept1, which carries APR.

Tunerworks carry AWE and I'm not sure what TuneDub carries (Uni-something?).
      If you don't mind me asking, how much was the tune including the labor?
      2011 CW MK6 GTI

APR Stage 1 / Koni Coilovers / 18x8.5 Miro 111 ET45 / R Tails / LEDs (Interior, Side Markers, Parking Lights, License Plate) / Euroswitch

Comment

no labor costs to load up a tune... looks to be 599 through concept 1

http://store.concept1.ca/store/produ....0T-1-Program/

Current
        02 Audi S3 - Low and Slow phase II follow the build @j_gheron
        04 GLI low and slow OG
        Past
        02 Laser S4//605'd//aquamisted//EPLed
        00 Jetta 1.8T OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by gheron View Post
          no labor costs to load up a tune... looks to be 599 through concept 1

http://store.concept1.ca/store/produ....0T-1-Program/
          Oh really? That'd be great if there's no labor cost. If I get one program, according to concept1's website, it will run on that all that time and I cannot change back to stock right?
          2011 CW MK6 GTI

APR Stage 1 / Koni Coilovers / 18x8.5 Miro 111 ET45 / R Tails / LEDs (Interior, Side Markers, Parking Lights, License Plate) / Euroswitch

Comment

correct... never understood why you would want to switch anyway.. i never let valet touch my cars and if im driving i want to get the most of it.

Current
            02 Audi S3 - Low and Slow phase II follow the build @j_gheron
            04 GLI low and slow OG
            Past
            02 Laser S4//605'd//aquamisted//EPLed
            00 Jetta 1.8T OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by gheron View Post
              correct... never understood why you would want to switch anyway.. i never let valet touch my cars and if im driving i want to get the most of it.
              Doesn't chipping ruin the warranty?
              2011 CW MK6 GTI

Comment

Originally posted by JustinKYC View Post
                Oh really? That'd be great if there's no labor cost. If I get one program, according to concept1's website, it will run on that all that time and I cannot change back to stock right?
                I'm not 100% on this, however, if you wait until spring APR has a sale where they sell the fully loaded ECU for the price of one program... its their 'spring into summer' sale. It should be coming up in the next month and a bit I believe.
                TJ
                '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
                '01 Silver S4

Comment

Mine has the switch so I can go:

- Stock
                  Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Mine has the switch so I can go:

- Stock
                    Loving it?

Originally posted by funkin View Post
                    I'm not 100% on this, however, if you wait until spring APR has a sale where they sell the fully loaded ECU for the price of one program... its their 'spring into summer' sale. It should be coming up in the next month and a bit I believe.
                    If have the money, I plan to do it in May so hopefully the sale will still be on. Thanks for the heads up!
                    2011 CW MK6 GTI

Comment

TJ speaks the truth... Definitely worth waiting for the spring sale. We're thinking about getting a tune on the CC then
                      Scott
                      '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                      '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Pretty sure APR hardware goes on sale too! Added bonus.
                        15 GTI
                        65 Beetle
                        87 BMW E30

Comment

I am loving it and FYI, 91 tune is getting me ~9L/100km's on highway

I haven't tried 93 tune on the highway but mixed, I get high 10's.
                          Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JustinKYC View Post
                            Doesn't chipping ruin the warranty?
                            Oops, missed this post yesterday. They have to honour your warranty unless they can prove that your tune directly caused whatever problem.

As for fuel economy, I usually stay under 10L/100km unless I'm in heavy traffic or trying to launch the car from every light haha. Usually I can keep it under 9L even with the occasional launch.
                            Last edited by CGY_GTI; 02-16-2013, 10:46 AM.
                            Scott
                            '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                            '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
                              TJ speaks the truth... Definitely worth waiting for the spring sale. We're thinking about getting a tune on the CC then
                              I will hopefully jump on that! If I have that money. I already have a lot planned cosmetically this spring.

I am loving it and FYI, 91 tune is getting me ~9L/100km's on highway

I haven't tried 93 tune on the highway but mixed, I get high 10's.
                              Good to hear! For that extra power, I'm a litre of has is no big deal haha. I got like 8.2L/100kms on my drive back from edmonton yesterday so it isnt THAT big of a difference.

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
                              Oops, missed this post yesterday. They have to honour your warranty unless they can prove that your tune directly caused whatever problem.

As for fuel economy, I usually stay under 10L/100km unless I'm in heavy traffic or trying to launch the car from every light haha. Usually I can keep it under 9L even with the occasional launch.
                              I've always read that VW dealerships always try to blame the problem on anything aftermarket that was put on instead of looking for the actual problem.

That sounds pretty reasonable. Getting me all excited about getting a chip hah
                              2011 CW MK6 GTI

Comment

Back from my trip! Click below to make it readable:

http://i.imgur.com/8yeUwps.png

http://i.imgur.com/jvzQQCi.png
                                Last edited by flipstah; 02-19-2013, 10:15 AM.

Don

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X