Volkswagen Golf VII GTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen Golf VII GTD

Volkswagen has announced the range-topping diesel version of the Golf VII before the car debuts in Geneva next month.

Following an early reveal of the e-Golf yesterday, Volkswagen is showing the most powerful diesel version of the new Golf which will go on sale this summer. It comes with a 4-cylinder, 2.0-liter transversely-mounted common rail mill producing 181 hp (135 kW) at 3,500 rpm and 280 lb-ft (379 Nm) of torque between 1,750 and 3,250 rpm. Compared to the previous model, the Golf VII GTD is 13 hp (9.6 kW) and 22 lb-ft (29.7 Nm) more powerful.

Power is sent to front wheels through a standard 6-speed manual gearbox or an optional dual-clutch 6-speed DSG. With the former, the 2013 Golf GTD sprints to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 7.5 seconds (0.6s quicker) and reaches a top speed of 143 mph (230 km/h), whereas the Golf VI GTD topped at 138 mph (222 km/h).

In the combined cycle, the new Golf GTD returns 56 mpg US (67.3 mpg UK or 4.1 liters / 100 km) and has CO2 emissions of 109 g/km. The old one returned 44.3 mpg US (53.3 mpg UK or 5.2 liters / 100 km) with CO2 emissions of 139 g/km.

It weighs 1,302 kg (2,870 lbs) and comes with 17-inch alloys with 225/45 tires and rides on a sports suspension. Compared to the standard Golf, the GTD version has different bumpers, more prominent spoiler above the tailgate, wider sills, chromed tailpipe and a diffuser. On the inside it has stainless steel pedals, sports steering wheel, black headlining and sport seats.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Volkswagen Golf VII GTD

And the rumors are saying that since the Golf 7s will be produced in Mexico for North America there is a much better chance of this being available.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

yes please!!
      Current:
      2017 VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion DSG
      2013 VW Jetta 2.5
      Past:
      2005 VW JTI 1.8T
      1993 VW Jetta 2.0
      1996 VW GTI VR6

1991 Ford F150 4X4
      1989 Nissan Kingcab 2WD
      1983 Buick Skylark

Comment

Originally posted by 96vwVR6 View Post
        yes please!!
        X2. The GTD should have been available to use long time ago!!!
        Patryk
        Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
        08 VW .:R32
        04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Mmm... DIESEL!
          Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Very nice. Would love to see these show up here!
            --
            Rod
            Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
            2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

The MK7 front end has grown on me a bit. I'd take the GTD over the GTI. I still think the back end is incredibly ugly though. I guess my trend for only liking the even numbered generations is going to continue!

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
              And the rumors are saying that since the Golf 7s will be produced in Mexico for North America there is a much better chance of this being available.
              http://www.vwvortex.com/news/volkswa...ilt-in-mexico/
              Last edited by CGY_GTI; 02-21-2013, 11:16 AM.
              Scott
              '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
              '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

I have a hard on for this car. Man I wish they'd produce 4-motions here. Any hints on possible price point Blair?
                Last edited by CGDoig; 02-21-2013, 01:17 PM.

Comment

"Power is sent to front wheels through a standard 6-speed manual gearbox" best part about that article. I think that would be my next car.
                  Name: Brent
                  His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                  Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                  Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Biggest turn off to that whole article was that it wasn't 4 motion.....Come on....
                    2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
                    Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

I'm with Cam...great car, but the 4motions not getting over here is a major oversight...but I'm thinking its due to the price! Beautiful car!!!
                      Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                      Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

I think the lack of 4motion is due to the battle of fuel economy.
                        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

How much worse would the fuel economy actually be? A few MPG.

Comment

sweet car, but the lack off 4 motion does kill it. I'll take one of the euro 4 motion TDIs please.

Comment

4 motion or bust as well for me.

I really don't understand why VW does not bring one of these over. They would be an instant seller and would easily pull in those that are considering subaru's because of the awd. Yes there would be a hit on the MPG due to the greater weight and when 4motion was used. Although we have to remember that with the Haldex system that the rear tires are not engaged unless their is slip on the fronts. Essentially the car is fwd and only goes to awd when slippage is determined to be an issue. The difference in MPG's honestly is not worth the argument. For the HP/Torque I will have better MPG then a gasser, and yes it will cost more, but I have no problems paying that. Now in saying that I know an Audi A6 Tdi is coming out, but I won't be able to justify that for many years.

My next car will be awd/4wd, I am hoping its a diesel car, but I might just do a mid 90's audi and enjoy that for awhile.
                              Ben
                              2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
                              2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
                              2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
                              Her's
                              2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Working...
                              X