Volkswagen MKVII GTI Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Volkswagen MKVII GTI Released

I like the angular lines of the car a lot. For me the problem is that the MK6 with the LED tails is just so perfect it is hard to beat. I do think this generation looks better as a 2 door compared with 4, I thought the opposite for MK6.

I do want to see more details on the two trim levels and I am not sure what they will bring to NA, could be a hybrid of the two really.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

The Mk6 had 17" wheels standard but if you opted for the GTI always had 18's AFAIK?
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

As Scott said 17" wheels are standard for the MK6 GTI, usually the Denver was the wheel and the 18s where upgrades, about $800 or so if I remember correctly. I specifically ordered mine with 18s so I could be balling in the winter time Looking at the current configurator it seems the 18s are tied to the sport package now for a 2013 GTI.

Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I'm going to revive this thread just in case others are looking for more info or interested in buying one. I've had mine for about a month and enjoying it very much.

Obviously most info is on their website but there have been some updates/info that haven't been posted. Here are my findings on the CDN version.

- No speed limiter.(our American friends have limiters)
          - No electronic park brake.
          - The new Tech Pkg will include front collision warning. (Builds before Sept. do not have this.) No change in price for upgrade.
          - Performance Pkg will be available later this year. Features 10 more HP, Limited Slip Diff. and larger GTI branded brake callipers.(Upgrade only available on Autobahn versions)

That's all I can think of right now. Will update when I gather more info.

Cheers.
          Last edited by GTI_YYC; 09-30-2014, 10:13 PM. Reason: Removed incorrect info

Comment

We have already delivered 3 two door GTI's so that's not accurate!
            Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
            -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
            -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
              We have already delivered 3 two door GTI's so that's not accurate!
              My bad. I've only read of people waiting on theirs. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Does the front collision warning system make a difference to insurance in Canada? Apparently over here it drops the car several categories making it a lot cheaper to insure.
                Blair

Comment

Is it available in Canada? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on VW.CA when I was researching my MKVII.
                  15 GTI
                  65 Beetle
                  87 BMW E30

Comment

Originally posted by dwvw View Post
                    Is it available in Canada? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on VW.CA when I was researching my MKVII.
                    It's been available in Canada for quite some time. I've spotted a bunch of MK7 GTI's in Calgary. Mostly gray and white.
                    Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

I think he was asking about the collision warning system specifically, being available in Canada. The previous post mentions it being added to the Tech pack starting with September production which seems to be confirmed on VW.ca now.
                      Blair

Comment

Pretty sure the showroom model I sat in a month ago had it.

Comment

GTIs equipped with the collision warning system will have a small 6" x 4" square opening in the lower front grill.

Last edited by GTI_YYC; 10-02-2014, 10:12 AM. Reason: Added Pic

Comment

That looks like a cheap Canadian Tire bolt on.....It looks lame!
                            2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Yeah, I know the MKVII has been available, I have one. Lol. Yet to see one with the front collision warning system.
                              15 GTI
                              65 Beetle
                              87 BMW E30

Comment

Working...
                              X