R32 km Gauge Faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 km Gauge Faces

We know the KM numbers on the cluster are tiny, the cost and complexity of changing the complete cluster is not very attractive. I'm getting some different gauge faces made up with the international symbols for the park brake, cruise control indicators and only the linear km scale. I will put up pics as the process progresses.

This is not the final layout, it still needs a couple tweaks, I am going to send them a copy of my cluster faces to get the best OE match.

I have already paid for the design time, they charge $95 for the setup and $12 to ship should anyone else be interested.

Re: R32 km Gauge Faces

Originally posted by RobG View Post
    We know the KM numbers on the cluster are tiny, the cost and complexity of changing the complete cluster is not very attractive. I'm getting some different gauge faces made up with the international symbols for the park brake, cruise control indicators and only the linear km scale. I will put up pics as the process progresses.

This is not the final layout, it still needs a couple tweaks, I am going to send them a copy of my cluster faces to get the best OE match.

I have already paid for the design time, they charge $95 for the setup and $12 to ship should anyone else be interested.
    Rob - Great work, and thanks for sharing. I'm certainly keen.

Outside of the obvious KM vs M differences, aesthetically what differences will there be between our current stock cluster face, and this metric face? Exactly the same?
    Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

The US clusters just words for things, "BRAKE" for the park brake, "CRUISE" for cruise control, "ABS" ect, and the temp units is are metric.

Comment

Hmm, could be down as well, its annoying having the km and mph on the stock guage off by so much at higher speeds
        sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
        His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
        Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
        Past:
        B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
        B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
        2004 .:R32 BMP
        2001.5 Noggy blue s4
        2000 VW GTI 1.8T
        1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

So I'm not the only that hates the mph business. I'll be the guinea pig with this one.

Comment

Looks like its gonna be a sweet little mod. In to see the final result!
            Patryk
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

yea I'm in to see how it looks in the car!

Comment

sweet company. Be great to do that for any imported car
                Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

in for results
                  Bagged 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T Stage 2 Unitronic, 2016 Tiguan R-Line , S13 SR20DET, Mk2 VR6 Project, 2011 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

What is this symbol for? There is no LED behind it so it's not needed, just curious.

Comment

Hazards???
                      Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                      -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

This graphic says 'Trailer Operation Indicator Light' #2

Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Nice find, yea, not going to be hooking up ye old caravan to this unit.

Comment

I went to that website thinking it would be nice OEM looking gauge faces and was very surprised. Some of those are BRUTAL haha.

Pat

His
                            1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                            1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                            1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                            2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                            Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

What?? You meant this isn't your style? ha ha, but yea, there is more demand for custom faces in the US than there are for km faces more Canada.

I wonder how many cars get imported into the US with metric units, maybe some Japanese cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X