Opinions On KVW100 convenience MOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions On KVW100 convenience MOD

So I was putsing around on ECS and stumbled accross this cool mod that allows you to control your windows with the remote. I tried searching on here to see if anyone has mentioned it or has it before posting but no luck. So apologies if this has been covered before. I found on the vortex that one person was trying to get rid of it because he did not like it. That was the extent of my search haha. Anyone have any experience with this? Pros/cons. Cheaper place to do it? Or complete waste of money?
    Thanks!!
    http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-...terior/ES7204/
    Silver Stoned
    16' Lithium Gray F150( Winter mode)
    03' 24V VR6

Re: Opinions On KVW100 convenience MOD

I believe you can just flash it via VAG COM. No need to buy the module
    Dylan

Comment

That would be good, but in the description of the item is says this is not something you can enable via VAG COM, but maybe its just a way to deter people from trying??
      Silver Stoned
      03' 24V VR6

Comment

I think this only works on cars within a certain date range. If you have a 2003-2005 Vw I think this exact procedure is done with Vagcom only?

You should read this thread and be aware of the potential issues with using this.
        http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=282399

Comment

Obie, talk to Sean (SLHazy) as I know he has done this mod and can probably help you out with it. Very cool feature, just never got around to doing it in my car. He can also code your car so that your needles are always lit, not just when the lights are on.
          Patryk
          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
          08 VW .:R32
          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

On a mk4 you can't do the windows up via Vagcom. You need VDS pro which is a command line utility. It is definitely do able without this module and you should talk to Sean like Pat said. I wouldn't buy the KVW thing as it alters the CCM code permanently and then locks it out so you can't perform any more modifications. There's a thread on vortex about it somewhere.

Comment

Awesome, looks like Sean will be getting a get PM from me soon.
              I appreciate all the input. Yeah I read a bit about it on the vortex, and tdiclub and I understood how it works. There is a way to open the ccm code if necessary, but I dont know of any other reason I would want to fiddle with the CCM coding again. Is there some other mod that eveyrone is keepin a secret lol.
              Silver Stoned
              03' 24V VR6

Comment

oh hi I dont have the KVW100, i remember looking at it but shipping from ecs is..... For something that alters your cars pcm hardly seems worth it. I went with Auto Window Classic model. http://www.autowindow.com/ Install is pretty easy, it just splices into the wiring in the drivers door, so just remove the door card for access. I've had it for almost 2 years now and its a bit of a learning curve. its not simply press and hold like the KVW module. With the autowindow the user must press the remote in a set of commands. for instance: unlock,unlock,unlock opens all the doors and all windows. or unlock,unlock,lock keeps doors locked, but vents the windows about 1" which is great for the hot summer days. Lastly was having the ability to close all windows and sunroof from inside, (in the event of rain). All in all a pretty good product. Only downfall is the range of the vw remote...but that can also be fixed http://billswebspace.com/ExtendingMK...tennaRange.htm

Comment

Sweet, Yeah that sounds better than messing with the CCM. Thanks again
                  Silver Stoned
                  03' 24V VR6

Comment

BTimbits taught mine with an ebay cable, laptop and some Czech Rebuplic software....works great!
                    Bagged 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T Stage 2 Unitronic, 2016 Tiguan R-Line , S13 SR20DET, Mk2 VR6 Project, 2011 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

just did this to the mkvi via vagcom. Love the feature. The ONLY thing i have heard is you might go through fob batteries quicker...i doubt itll ever noticeable though.
                      I take pictures for money.

Comment

Originally posted by slhazy View Post
                        With the autowindow the user must press the remote in a set of commands. for instance: unlock,unlock,unlock opens all the doors and all windows. or unlock,unlock,lock keeps doors locked, but vents the windows about 1" which is great for the hot summer days.
                        Lol its like throwing cheat codes into Mortal Combat 3 on Super Nintendo back in the day hahaha
                        Patryk
                        Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                        08 VW .:R32
                        04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

up - up - down - down - left - right - left - right - B - A - start
                          I take pictures for money.

Comment

I would rather just attach an extension to my arm and turn the key to roll them down loll
                            Current Fleet
                            #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                            2001 Cobra #88/3786
                            1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                            2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                            2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

It's pretty easy to do if you add an aftermarket alarm or starter as well. I did it on my mkIV GTI, two wires into the door and done.
                              15 GTI
                              65 Beetle
                              87 BMW E30

Comment

Working...
                              X