Built A Basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built A Basket

Just wanting to whore a bit hah. Built a "basket" for the roof racks today. Took about an hour total after planning of course. Also a chance to whore summer mode. Even though the cars already dirty. Enjoy!

Still gonna stain it with a dark transparent stain I think, and add some metal surrounds to make it an actual basket soon too.

Re: Built A Basket

I like your idea and I think the deep stained look will look maaaadddd! Install a straight tip Magnaflow and smoke some Prius in the face!lolol
    Last edited by kujiwara; 03-25-2013, 08:00 PM.
    Current Fleet
    #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
    2001 Cobra #88/3786
    1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
    2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
    2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Nice job Cam! Excited to see it finished

Comment

Looks good. With your car maybe a dark cherry stain would also look nice.

Comment

Looks good! I was thinking about doing the same thing haha
          Scott
          '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
          '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Looking good! Weatherproof it so it doesn't curl/rot and you've got yourself a winnar!
            Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Looks wicked and a dark cherry stain would look great against your car!
              TJ
              '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
              '01 Silver S4

Comment

Looks great Cam!
                Patryk
                Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                08 VW .:R32
                04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll keep the thread updated as I go. Should have them finished by next weekend.

Comment

awesome roof rack! im still deciding if i want to run the rack on my car this year or not! great creativity!

Comment

Looks great.

However i would be the only person here to recommend against a cherry stain haha. I personally would have gone with a light maple rack with a simple sand and urethane, the cherry i feel will match your car enough, but at the same time be off just enough to bug the crap out of me. Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                        Looks great.

However i would be the only person here to recommend against a cherry stain haha. I personally would have gone with a light maple rack with a simple sand and urethane, the cherry i feel will match your car enough, but at the same time be off just enough to bug the crap out of me. Just a thought
                        Honestly I thought the same thing. The wood I used to make it is just spruce 1x4. So its the whitest I could buy more for the reason of color selection. Basically its a trial build before I spend money on good wood for it. The whole thing cost me 8 bucks to build. (Keeping in mind I work at a lumber mill). But I probably will use maple when I re make it. But 1x4 maple costs 4.87 per linear foot.

I'm trying to find a good source to make the frame now. Proving difficult. It needs to be a strong metal for tie down reasons. Steel would be ideal but have no source to cut weld and bend it. We'll see what I can come up with.
                        Last edited by CGDoig; 03-26-2013, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Looks like a great start...probly see it tmro when I stop by!
                          Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                          Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

really cool...was considering something similar myself after cruising through the roof rack thread on Vortex...great job!
                            Bagged 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T Stage 2 Unitronic, 2016 Tiguan R-Line , S13 SR20DET, Mk2 VR6 Project, 2011 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

Working...
                            X