Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Level Projectors 2012 GLI

Hi

I have noticed there have been some aftermarket lights becoming available for the mkvi jetta and I was curious how involved the actual install for auto levelling headlights is? There is a nice pair of helix projectors that come with levelling motors but not sure what else is needed to make them fully functioning? The following is a link for the lights in question..

http://www.amimotorsports.com/store/...detail&p=31281

Any incite would be much appreciated
    Last edited by grcarlo; 04-08-2013, 03:36 PM. Reason: link

Re: Auto Level Projectors 2012 GLI

No takers eh...

Comment

In the MK4 to add the functionality is fairly involved, not sure what it would take on the MK6 but it's probably a similar amount of work.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1280918

Comment

I tried to find a thread on Vortex someone made about trying to retrofit OEM HIDs (with AFS and auto leveling) on a MK6 GTI, but no luck.

To put in a manual headlight leveling switch (the one that looks like the dimmer for the interior lights), I can't imagine it would be too difficult. For the auto headlight leveling, I know there is some coding required. You would also have to get the sensor that attaches to the drivers side rear control arm, which is quite expensive... $300+ IIRC. There's also the possibility that you'd have to drill the control arm yourself to attach it. I'm not sure if there are any pre-made wiring harnesses for this out there, so you might also have to figure out quite a bit of wiring yourself.

Edit: This is assuming everything is the same or similar to a MK6 GTI, which I'm not sure it is. Anyone know if the MK6 GLI has the same rear suspension as the GTI?
        Last edited by CGY_GTI; 04-09-2013, 03:32 PM.
        Scott
        '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
        '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

GLI has the IRS id imagine the GTI has the same.. I will stay on the investigation. I was hoping to just run power to the levelling motors and attach the sensors to the front and back drivers side and be done with it but may be more involved. Thanks for the help

Comment

Yeah, the GTI has an independent rear. That should be the basics of it, though - the tricky part is getting the sensor programmed and calibrated. My GTI only has the one sensor at the back, whereas the MK5s has two sensors IIRC. I would think the GLI would be the same.
            Scott
            '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
            '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Working...
            X