Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 City Golf?

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about picking up a bare bones 2009 City Golf 5MT for a winter vehicle this fall, I'm putting way too many kilometers on my C30 and want a manual that gets good gas mileage. My dad is a dealer so he can pick one up as a lease return from VW Canada for quite cheap. Otherwise, I simply couldn't afford one simply for winter duty. I realize that I'm at least half a year away from purchasing one but I usually do a ton of research before buying a car. Any thoughts on using one for 4-5 months in the late fall/winter/early spring?
    Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Toy: 1992 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible: Talladega Red, 16in Aero wheels, 5MT.

Re: 2009 City Golf?

Shouuld be fine. Why not a Jetta while you're at it? Bigger presence in winter roads.
    Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flipstah View Post
      Shouuld be fine. Why not a Jetta while you're at it? Bigger presence in winter roads.
      A little more expensive and he'd be trying to sell the car after I use it for those few months. Says he has a better chance of selling a 5spd hatch than a 5spd sedan. If it is that much better of a choice I'll probably just go with the Jetta anyways. Are they really that slow?
      Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Comment

Originally posted by saabhutter View Post
        A little more expensive and he'd be trying to sell the car after I use it for those few months. Says he has a better chance of selling a 5spd hatch than a 5spd sedan. If it is that much better of a choice I'll probably just go with the Jetta anyways. Are they really that slow?
        You don't need speed in winter lol. You need reliability.

Oh and heated seats.
        Last edited by flipstah; 04-11-2013, 01:37 PM.
        Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flipstah View Post
          You don't need speed in winter lol. You need reliability.

Oh and heated seats.
          I'm not looking for a fast car, just not looking for a dangerously slow car. I do a lot of highway driving and since I'll be driving it a little in semi-dry months, I'll be merging on dry pavement. Being a 2009 with ~50k, I expect nothing short of reliability. I haven't seen any without heated seats, though lots come without A/C (oh well).

Comment

You Can buy mine when winter comes again

Comment

Originally posted by danaldson View Post
              You Can buy mine when winter comes again
              I can't offer any more than wholesale value, your car is too nice for that!
              Last edited by saabhutter; 04-11-2013, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Well thank you haha! When I sell it I will probly part out all the mods. I dunno. Just something to think about. It will probly have like 115000 kms by winter. City golfs are the perfect daily driver extremely reliable.

Comment

^ I claim the racks (:
                  -Terry
                  -2014 S4
                  insta:Whiney_S4

Comment

Well thank you haha! When I sell it I will probly part out all the mods. I dunno. Just something to think about. It will probly have like 115000 kms by winter. City golfs are the perfect daily driver extremely reliable, extremely fast, sound extremely awesome and did I mention extremely fast.
                    +1
                    MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

Originally posted by Kg810 View Post
                      +1
                      Hahaha

Comment

buy ours, with the supercharger for passing power on the hiway, tell all your friends and post on vortex, and i will sell it for a smoking price. I would even buy it back from you when you are done, provided you don't blow it up...but that would be really hard to figure out....its an 08, white, needs tires, 88k, 5 spd, ac, tilt cruise. new motor mounts. its a bit of a work mule...

hell, with a big enough deposit, and talking to your father, signing papers, I might even take payments. I just got the z3 and the alpina to supercharge...too much on my plate.

Comment

Hahaha
                          Random response but I think I saw you driving around the other day, i was at the sick pizza hut lunch buffet on monday saw a nice black golf with white sawblades. Now seeing your prof pic might have been you.

Comment

Originally posted by CRB-4 View Post
                            Random response but I think I saw you driving around the other day, i was at the sick pizza hut lunch buffet on monday saw a nice black golf with white sawblades. Now seeing your prof pic might have been you.
                            Yup definitely me! What were you driving?

Comment

i'm the original owner of a '07 rabbit with 80000kms. 5 spd. fully loaded for that year, heated seats. asking $9500 but very OBO. let me know!
                              you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Working...
                              X