FlashZilla tuning issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlashZilla tuning issues

I recently bought a used flashzilla. I sent it to Mark Malone to get the original tune removed and reset it. Myself and CGDoig are trying to get it to connect to the car and the alligator pops up for a millisecond and the screen goes blank. Also when connecting to the flashzilla software upon pressing link it errors to say timeout immediately. Does anyone have any experience regarding this or suggestions on how to fix it?
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Re: FlashZilla tuning issues

that's pretty odd. could it be a cable issue? Mark probably used his own cable.

PS: I have a flashzilla cable.
    Last edited by stefan; 04-25-2013, 12:26 PM.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I don't think so Stefan. We tried my flashzilla on both Georges car and the computer and it works fine. We think its the loader itself but were wondering if anyone else had suggestions to try.

Comment

k-line/stereo issue? I know very little about this other than it comes up with OBD chat sometimes....
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
          k-line/stereo issue? I know very little about this other than it comes up with OBD chat sometimes....
          Yeah you might be on to something because I have had issues with different vag cables and connecting to my cars in the past, usually it always went back to that K-line issue and I had to cut the cable.
          2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
          Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

If you have an aftermarket deck in your car and the K-line was hooked up to 12v (which it often is with inexperienced installers), the communication bus becomes inoperable. In fact, VW will refuse to use their scan tool because it can ruin it. Most genuine rosstech cables have a fuse for this I believe. If you are having issues, pop your deck out and just disconnect the harness. After that, you should be able to get it to read.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'm sure it's not the cable or the tha aftermarket stereo. The FlashZilla is acting the same way as it did BEFORE I sent it to Mark for the previous tune erase and reset.
              Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Did you try unplugging the stereo harness to test?
                GT3071R and more...

Comment

Originally posted by sabbySC View Post
                  Did you try unplugging the stereo harness to test?
                  Yeah, tried that today...still lights the screen on the FZLA, flash of the gator, then blank lit blue screen.

Also...Cam(CGDoig) plugged his FlashZilla into my car and it worked fine...infact he cleared my codes...its gotta be the Unit itself...
                  Last edited by Geobmx4life; 04-25-2013, 07:33 PM.

Comment

FIXED...ordered a NEW one from Malone Tuning!!! LOL....thanks for all of the suggestions!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X