No announcement yet.

EPC and Engine light on! misfire HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPC and Engine light on! misfire HELP!

So today while driving my 2009 mk5 GTI, the EPC light went on, I did not pay that much attention, but after 2 minutes of driving with it on, the car started to misfire and sputter, i got stuck on the bridge of Anderson and Macleod Trail. I pulled over for about 5 minutes and let the car rest, the fired it up and it was gone. Then i started driving on elbow not far from there and the EPC light and the Engine light went on and the car started once again misfiring and would not go anywhere over 2000 RPMs or second gear.

I have an OBD2 reader, i Plugged it in when i got to a safe parking lot and found throttle codes. the cylinder misfires and air leak.

I checked all my intercooler pipping for cracks after the MAF but did not see anything.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by opkakes; 05-07-2013, 12:09 AM.

Re: EPC and Engine light on! misfire HELP!

This winter I had the EPC light and the check engine and my traction control light pop up on the dash on my 2007 Passat. Brought it in to the dealership as the car is still under warranty and it was a coilpack. Replaced the coilpack and everything was running smooth again, no more rough idle and no more "shuddering" under acceleration. Three weeks later the same thing repeated itself so I had the remaining three replaced. So far no more EPC light and the idle is nice and smooth. Hopefully for you its just a bad coilpack, at $40 each, it wasn't a expensive fix.

Comment

what exact codes did it throw? Type the codes into Google and see what comes up, 9 times out of 10, someone else has had the same issue, and there will be a list of possible causes.
      Dubwerkz -
      E36 325i - Sold.
      E36 328is - Sold.
      TR MKIV GTI 1.8T - Daily.
      www.ctsturbo.com

Comment

After getting the codes pull the coil packs and check them for fowling.i had a similar thing happen to my mkiv
        -Terry
        -2014 S4
        insta:Whiney_S4

Comment

Pull the exact codes, post them up here, and you will have much more luck getting a diagnosis.

Comment

Hey guys,

Thank you very much for all the help.
            So after rethinking what I had done earlier that day, I realized I drove my vehicle on 0KM range for more than 20 kms, after I went to fill up to the closest gas station which was a CO-OP station. Filled up just under half tank and started driving. after driving for exactly 25 KMs that's when the problem happened.
            I filled it up to full with husky 94 and dropped in some fuel/injector cleaner I bought from a shop.
            The next day took it to the dealer and had it diagnosed and tested for a couple of days and they found nothing wrong with it.
            I've been driving it for a couple of days and no problem so far. Still kind of scared if something else comes up.
            Thank you guys.

Comment

Working...
            X