Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forge Splitter Valve - MK4 1.8T

Hey guys,

Just looking for a bit of input here. Recently picked up the forge splitter dv, and was just curious as to what most people run for adjustment on the valve. I've heard anywhere from 7 clicks to 16 clicks on a non-tuned ECU (currently running 12 clicks, clockwise from 0). However, it seems that my car is running slightly rich due to this. ECU is stock, just have a 3" downpipe, Forge turbo inlet pipe & intake. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Dubwerkz -
    E36 325i - Sold.
    E36 328is - Sold.
    TR MKIV GTI 1.8T - Daily.
    www.ctsturbo.com

Re: Forge Splitter Valve - MK4 1.8T

I had one like 4 years back and can't Remeber exactly what I had when it wasn't chipped, but I'd say somewhere around the 15 mark and like almost full tension when it was UNi stage 2 (24 psi spike )
    Derek
    01 GTI -cammed+stroked
    06 gmc - duramax
    11 Touareg
    Can am renegade 800

Comment

Did you read this?

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/media/USASPLTR.pdf
      Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

I've read that many times, it simply states that it should be adjusted to meet the specific vehicle application. I've tried a few different settings, however this post was directed to members that have previously used this valve, and have experience with adjusting it. Looking for input & suggestions on what THEY had the valve adjusted to, thanks though?
        Dubwerkz -
        E36 325i - Sold.
        E36 328is - Sold.
        www.ctsturbo.com

Comment

Just trying to help. When I got mine it took awhile to get it setup properly. And that pdf helped me adjust it. I was running at approx 22 clicks

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

Comment

I found the .pdf to be slightly confusing. Do you start from 0 (which would mean turn it 52 clicks counter-clockwise until it stops) then count from that point on, rotating the adjustment ring clockwise? What would the main difference be between 0 and all the way to 52?
            Dubwerkz -
            E36 325i - Sold.
            E36 328is - Sold.
            www.ctsturbo.com

Comment

Yes you turn it as you stated

the difference I believe is the spring tension

Comment

Natty, were you running 22 clicks on a stock-tuned ECU?
                Dubwerkz -
                E36 325i - Sold.
                E36 328is - Sold.
                www.ctsturbo.com

Comment

Yes was somewhere around there. Did you try it out and not running to good? Did you play around with the numbers at all?

Comment

I haven't yet, however I will try the 20-22 clicks tonight and see how it runs, thanks for your input man! Will re-post once I have tried this.
                    Dubwerkz -
                    E36 325i - Sold.
                    E36 328is - Sold.
                    www.ctsturbo.com

Comment

Working...
                    X