Poor PD :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor PD :(

Remember to check your cam! and use the correct oil!

Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Re: Poor PD :(

Not uncommon for a few people that don't learn their car...who's is this Nate?
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Whoa. That's one of the worst ones I've seen though. Will be checking mine again sometime soon.

Comment

by correct oil you mean any high end brand but castrol .... and use anti wear additives as well . this is too bad . seen this far too often on dealer serviced cars
        sigpic

Comment

Friends car. Just finished taking it apart a few days ago. I was surprised as well
          Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

That reminds me that I need to check mine.
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

that is the reason I got rid of my tdi..... just before the timing belt change was due, I figured if i opened it up I would see the wear on the cam/buckets.... So i just played ignorant to the fact till it was gone

Comment

Ouch!!
                2004 Jetta TDI Sport-Daily
                2002 Jetta 1.8T(stg2)-Wifey
                1983 RabbitLS- Dirty Diesel

Comment

What was the mileage on that engine?
                  2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

That's bad! Rebuild time.

Comment

Sorry, pd? Poor positive displacement. No. Poor something diesel. Yes but what....

Comment

Originally posted by Gamman View Post
                        Sorry, pd? Poor positive displacement. No. Poor something diesel. Yes but what....
                        LMAO...hard to tell if you're being serious or not...PD=Pumpe Düse
                        Last edited by Geobmx4life; 06-04-2013, 09:28 PM.
                        Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Wow that is bad...

IMO you shouldn't have to "know your engine" to own a modern car and not have this happen!!
                          KR
                          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
                            Wow that is bad...

IMO you shouldn't have to "know your engine" to own a modern car and not have this happen!!
                            I agree to a point. However, this damage was most likley caused by using the wrong oil. A little reading up on the PD engine could have been the saviour of this engine.
                            If a person has never owened a car with a turbo, they should probably do a bit of research on turbo's...thats all I was saying.

Comment

I find it hard to believe (somewhat) that if i replace my oil regularly that this can happen. However if it has been missed a few times then all bets are off. But wow still.

Comment

Working...
                              X