MK3 VR6 Swap (HELP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK3 VR6 Swap (HELP)

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself as I'm new to the forum. My names Jake and I drive a mk1 GTI 16v and also a mk3 GLX. I've met a few of you guys at a couple meets and breakfasts but like I said I'm new to the forum. I was actually looking for some help. Last summer I acquired a mk3 GLX VR6 but a few months ago the oil pump went and my engine seized. Now I'm not by any means a vw know it all but I'm not completely useless working on cars. Basically I'm wondering if there would be any interest in helping me swap my VR6. It could be a weekend thing or a few evenings or basically when anybody's free. I work basically 9-5 mon-fri and could definitely try to work around your guys schedule. I'm going back to school in the fall and its going to be really hard for me to afford to have a shop do the swap for me. I realize the swap is fairly straight forward but the thought of replacing an engine is very overwhelming. I have a garage we could use and SOME tools but I'm sure not all tools required. I also should have an engine hoist. If any of you guys happen to be interested I would be more than happy to feed you, supply beer or even throw you a few bucks. I know the easy thing to do would be cut my losses and part out the car but I had my eye in this 2 years before I purchased it and would really like to see some more life out of it. ANYWAYS if you're still reading and are interested in helping out just let me know! I should also mention the new engine is sitting in a donor car waiting to brought to my place. Thanks for reading guys any questions feel free!

-Jake
Working...
X