Fuse #5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse #5

Need some advice with an issue I'm having. Fuse #5 keeps blowing. Seems that fuse runs a lot of things:

5. Comfort system, cruise control, Climatronic, A/C, heated seat control modules, automatic day/night interior mirror, control module for multi-function steering wheel, control unit in steering wheel (7.5A).

I recently switched out my 4 spoke multi function wheel with a 3 spoke. I haven't gotten around to swapping the cruise control stalk I picked up off Sean yet....I also have no horn, kinda funny the ebrake light on the cluster lights when you push the horn...need to get this done. Anyway just wondering if maybe the fact fuse 5 ran stuff in the wheel + cruise this could this be my problem? Maybe a bad cooling fan drawing too much? I only noticed last week on Tuesday when it was +40 and my A/C didnt work, nor did my recirc fan. Replaced the fuse and it blew again the next day.

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by jaysleeves; 07-07-2013, 01:37 PM.
    Bagged 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T Stage 2 Unitronic, 2016 Tiguan R-Line , S13 SR20DET, Mk2 VR6 Project, 2011 Dodge Ram 1500

Re: Fuse #5

On Golf's the wires that go from the car to the hatch bend/break and short comfort module fuse, maybe it's a similar situation in your Jetta?

Comment

I'd say it probably has something to do with swapping wheels.

Try narrowing it down by turning everything off and then turn things on one by one until it blows. That should give you a better idea of what the culprit might be
      Last edited by onceover; 07-07-2013, 08:04 PM.

Pat

His
      1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
      1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
      1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
      2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
      Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

going to attempt getting my wheel working properly today...I hate dinky wiring and cutting plugs but I guess I should of thought of that before swapping wheels!

found this:
        * Remove the MFL SW
        * Remove the relay 451 (if you want you can keep the socket there, but you will have to cut some wires if you don't want to interfere with the GRA and Horn)
        * In the cancelling ring connector (not the steering wheel side, but the other one, below the SW column) cut wires on pins 3 (black/blue) and 5 (green/white).
        * Cut wire in the 451 relay socket, pin 9 (brown/blue) and connect it to pin 3 in the cancelling ring (this is for the horn to work directly from the R32 SW)
        * Tempomat: as you remove the MF SW, remove also the side markers switch by the one in the post (only if you want to keep the GRA functionality). Now you will have more wires coming from the side markers switch... route the wires to the relay socket and cut&connect those wires to the ones from the socket. The GRA wires are: 8, 14, 16 and 4... Since I would have to map these wires with a non MFL car, which takes some time, I will detail this if you want to keep GRA.

and this:

I'm scared haha
        Bagged 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T Stage 2 Unitronic, 2016 Tiguan R-Line , S13 SR20DET, Mk2 VR6 Project, 2011 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

Working...
        X