Bilstein PSS9 on MK IV VR6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilstein PSS9 on MK IV VR6

Anyone know the fender to ground measurement on these coils when wound as high as they go? If I can get my car higher than it is sitting currently for winter mode I think I will go coils over replacing my struts. I have searched all over the inter-webs and all I can find is a vauge and inconsistent of 30-50mm lower than stock for front wheels and 40mm lower than stock for rear wheels. Another source says 30-50mm lowering for the front. I'm guessing the 40mm rear is +-15mm but can't find any consensus.
    Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
    hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
    sigpic

Re: Bilstein PSS9 on MK IV VR6

What's the spring rate on them?
    The front will depend on the spring rate. If its about 400lbs then the max front height should be around 1-1.2 inch lower than stock sport suspension, so around 25.5-26ftg
    The max rear height really depends on if you have a golf, jetta or variant.
    Last edited by kujiwara; 07-11-2013, 08:44 PM.
    Current Fleet
    #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
    2001 Cobra #88/3786
    1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
    2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
    2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

The PSS's (not PSS9's) will be more like a cupkit stance, a bit lower if you lower them all the way but they ride fantastic! I can grab you a picture of Tims tomorrow at work if he drives, he has about a 2 finger gap or something with stock wheel size. It honestly looks perfect with spacers and rides extremely well. Plus cheaper than PSS9's

Comment

Thanks! My cup kit has me with a 1 finger gap on front wheels and about 1.5 finger gap rear with some rubbing. Already spaced with 8mm front and 15mm rear. The idea is to be able to be about that low in the summer but able to raise it up a bit more to what you are talknig about with a 2 finger gap for winter.
        Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
        hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X