Unlock/lock the trunk with door unlock/lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlock/lock the trunk with door unlock/lock

I'm interested in having the trunk automatically unlock when the driver's door unlocks - with the keyfob button or with the unlock button inside the car. I also want it to lock when I lock the car doors.

Anyone know if it's possible and how to do this?

Re: Unlock/lock the trunk with door unlock/lock

You want the trunk to "pop" when you unlock the car? I don't understand. Does your key fob not have the trunk button?

Comment

What car is this on?

Comment

I wish my MKIV GTI would do this too. You unlock the doors and still have to hit the hatch unlock to open the back. Would be nice if it worked like my wife's A4. First click driver's door unlocks, second click all doors AND hatch unlock. I don't think it's possible via VAG COM.
        Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
        hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silverstoned View Post
          I wish my MKIV GTI would do this too. You unlock the doors and still have to hit the hatch unlock to open the back. Would be nice if it worked like my wife's A4. First click driver's door unlocks, second click all doors AND hatch unlock. I don't think it's possible via VAG COM.
          Yes! Also if you are in the driver's seat, then open the door and go to the back to the trunk, it would be nice if the trunk had unlocked already at the same time as you opened the driver's door.

I would have thought this would be just some minor VagCom re-programming but perhaps it's more involved than I think?

Comment

You can do it on a MKV, I did it on mine. When the car is unlocked, you can simply pull the trunk handle and it opens. The button on the door and the remote button still work too but now instead of releasing the trunk, they actually pop it and open it.

Comment

Some people have rewired the hatch to the same connection as the drivers door lock module. Then the switch in the door pocket does nothing and its always enabled.

Comment

Interesting. I wonder if I pull the door card if I can just cut the wire at the hatch release and splice it to the wire for the driver's door... assuming I can find it.
                Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
                sigpic

Comment

Not sure why you would do that, it's literally 1 checkbox in VCDS and you achieve the same result without taking your door apart.

Comment

In a MK4 though, Martin?

Pat

His
                    1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                    1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                    1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                    2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                    Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Interesting. I wonder if I pull the door card if I can just cut the wire at the hatch release and splice it to the wire for the driver's door... assuming I can find it.
                      That might work, it would give the right functionality anyway.

And yeah it would be nice to just do it by vagcom.
                      Last edited by witchcraftz; 07-17-2013, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by onceover View Post
                        In a MK4 though, Martin?
                        Whoops, I read MKIV as MKV

Comment

Working...
                        X