Tornado is coming home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tornado is coming home!

Awesome rob I'll definitely let you know. Might be able to get a little bit more creative now.

Comment

Originally posted by RobG View Post
      Idea:

The hump in the center of the wheel well is just spot/tack welded in place, what if you removed it to free up some space?

And then use a Pancake Compressor tank from one of these?

Then use the space at the rear of the car to mount the compressor?

If you were careful to remove the spot welds, they could easily be re-welded if you wanted to re-install the tire mount.
      I thought i heard somewhere that you can do that with the Jetta's/GLI's but the GTI/R32's had all of the EVAP hardware in that section of the trunk? Could be mistaken but i've been around the airride section of vortex for a while and it comes up quite a bit.

Comment

I have an actual pancake tank from bag riders if your interested. probably wouldn't need as much modification to work
        2011 Meteor Grey S4
        APR Stage 2

1990 Corrado
        In Progress

Comment

Originally posted by harkema116 View Post
          I have an actual pancake tank from bag riders if your interested. probably wouldn't need as much modification to work
          ill let you know, like i said ill start thinking of a trunk set up and figuring out what i really want for a set up.

Comment

ya for sure, just thought I'd let you know I have one kicking around if you decide to go that route
            2011 Meteor Grey S4
            APR Stage 2

1990 Corrado
            In Progress

Comment

Thanks to pat and Tracy for the early birthday gift! They got me a lovely gift car to concept1 and I picked up a chrome euroswitch with front and rear fogs. I guess that is a little teaser of what is to come. Already have had some fun in the snow too! Winters will be put on this Thursday.

Comment

Got the winters on wednesday(winter claw extreme grip's), just in time for the big dump were gonna get this weekend (YAY!!) Picked up Votex base bars from the dealership and threw the giant skybox on. Its like having 2 extra trunks. The R is all ready for winter. Also, i am on the hunt for Acuair Elevel with touchpad. Let me know if anyone knows anyone selling. I'm hoping to install the bags over xmas break if all goes well.

Last edited by Danaldson; 11-16-2013, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Looking good Danny!!!
                  Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                  Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Bring on winter!!!!!!!
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Looks nice mate. How much were the roof bars from the dealership? PM me if you like. I'm looking for some for a B7 A4.

Cheers

Comment

Pm'd

And thanks guys! New winters seem to work great in the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like it. You ski or board lots?

Comment

I try to haha. I hope I can get out lots this year, between modding a car, skiing/boarding and photography, they're three expensive hobbies for a student haha.

Comment

well, management should be here in a week or two, which will mean i have the majority of the parts i need for the install. ordering new sensors from bag riders and maybe a couple other goodies, then i will be set. Ill definitely be investing in a haldex controller for next winter, although the r is already awesome in the snow. have has absolutely no issues whatsoever yet.

Comment

Awesome shot! I need to get the Haldex controller as well... But waiting til next year.
                                2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
                                2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
                                2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X